GTR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Torqueline Carbon Propshaft to suit R32 / R33 GTR available.

In perfect condition.

Weighs 5.9Kg, saving 10Kg over standard

Failure load in excess of 4000Nm

£1200

Prefer collection to ensure the prop remains in top condition.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
I don't think it would Ryan bud.
:)
bob

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Guessing this would fit to getrag conversions?
R32, R33 and R34 GTR's all have the same floor dimensions.

The prop I am selling will suit any R32, R33 or R34 GTR fitted with the 5 speed gearbox from the R32 & R33 GTR's, or the sequential gearboxes from OS Giken and Hollinger.

·
Registered
663 Posts
will it fit a R34 GTR ?? as it has the 6speed getrag box... been looking for one for ages and was hoping the group buy will work out before....

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
I think this is incorrect, but I stand to be corrected. I have just had a one-piece prop made for my R32 and the length of the prop needed to be 104.5cm. I am sure I read another project thread, where the length of the prop for an R33 needed to be around 115cm.

Also most prop manufacturers have separate listings for each model.

R32, R33 and R34 GTR's all have the same floor dimensions.

The prop I am selling will suit any R32, R33 or R34 GTR fitted with the 5 speed gearbox from the R32 & R33 GTR's, or the sequential gearboxes from OS Giken and Hollinger.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
I think this is incorrect, but I stand to be corrected. I have just had a one-piece prop made for my R32 and the length of the prop needed to be 104.5cm. I am sure I read another project thread, where the length of the prop for an R33 needed to be around 115cm.

Also most prop manufacturers have separate listings for each model.

Hmmmmmmm,

Now you have got me thinking!!!!

When I first fitted my OS Giken sequential to my R34 GTR, I fitted an R33 propshaft, so I am certain that the R34 and the R33 have the same dimensions when fitting a 5 speed gearbox.

The Getrag gearbox is as far as I remember longer, so would need a shorter propshaft.

I have kept back my R34 carbon propshaft for fitment to my R32 track car assuming it would fit but now I am not so sure.

I actually have two of these torqueline carbon propshafts, one that was previously fitted to an R32 GTR with a five speed box and one that was fitted to my R34 GTR with an OG Giken five speed sequential box, I thought they were both the same, but now I am not so sure.

Easy enough to confirm though, I have the one that came off the R32 GTR at home, it is shown in the pictures above, my other one is sitting at RB motorsport.

Cheers

Hugh

·
Registered
581 Posts
OEM front part of the propshaft(the part attached with the gearbox) is from R32/R33gtr with 5 speed box the same. R34 with 6 speed the front propshaft is shorter.
The 6 speed getrag gearbox/transfer case is a little bit longer than the 5 speed so if this propshaft is one piece you cant use it on a R32/R33 with 6 speed.

That is the reason R33GTR and R34GTR have different propshafts.

·
Registered
302 Posts
i did install a Getrag 6 speed gearbox on my BNR32, and i had to keep the stock propshaft. the BNR34 stock propshaft was to short on the BNR32.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts