GTR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That is the question!

I got a quote for a three panel respray and to fix three car park dents on my car and was surprised to find it in the hundreds and not thousands (GBP). My car has normal tiny scratches for a 14 year old car, so I was wondering whether is is worth getting the car totally resprayed. When this is done is the whole car dismantled? If so I think the labour charges would mean this is out of the question and I'll stick to just getting the dents pulled and the three panels done.

Ta:)

·
Registered
134 Posts
get a profesional detailer to have a look they may be able to machine polish the full car at half the cost if the scratches arent to deep and it will revive the color :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
I think its a simple choice with the present market and economy!

A full respray will be in the region of £2000 where as like you say around £500 for 3 panels etc.

AndyGTR has made a good point about having the car machine polished, speak to the bodyshop who has given you the quote about the machine polish, it makes a massive difference, I speak with experience there quite a few times lol

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Have a look on detailingworld.co.uk

They have loads of examples in the 'studio', and see what can be done by proffesional detailers.

Alex on here gets unbelievable results on here too. But as a guide, look about on there. The pros do write ups with before, after and 50/50's. ou'll be surprised at what can be done.

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
It depends on wether youre keeping it the same colour and wether youre gonna paint inside the door jambs/boot/windows out job but budget around £1800+ for it or if you prep it your self then the cost will lower

1 - 6 of 6 Posts