1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
Seen that before, utter utter cocks. They're angry by the fact they have 1.2" willys and are using their cars to vent that anger.

Hope they crash and burn before they wipe out a family. C**ts.

·
Ooo Matron !
2,200 Posts
From the grass verges and the trees you could mistake that road for a UK dual carriageway or motorway.

·
Premium Member
5,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I like that the driver had not only a Caterham baseball cap, but also the matching top and probably Y fronts. He probably thinks he is the real deal when it comes to driving but as a relatively sane person, I just watched all of that thinking if someone else slightly moved they would all be dead. That's not skill, that's luck.

·
Premium Member
5,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Op mate, obviously not Goldie fella considering this was in Malaysia lol.

Drivers were complete [email protected]!!!

Yes I know. I didn't want my insinuation to be taken seriously by anyone so thought it worth pointing it out before anyone mentioned it.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Just the other day, I was in my GT-R driving normally when I came up to a group of about 5 cars behind a slow lorry. I then noticed a Ford Focus pulling out behind me to overtake - the fool actually tried to overtake 7 cars on a country road. Obviously other vehicles coming made him have to cut back in about two cars in front of me. After a minute most cars between me and him had turned off and the road started to get windy going down a hill - I put my foot down and caught up with him, just to see how crazy he was but I didn't overtake him. He started to take more of a racing line using both sides of the road, even going into corners where oncoming traffic would only be seen late. All the time I maintained a safe distance behind him and kept to my side of the road, although we were getting to about twice the limit here...

After half a minute of this, there was another car going down the hill and the corners were getting tighter so any oncoming traffic would be seen very late.

It didn't stop him though - he pulled out and overtook basically before going into a blind corner.

At this point I realised the guy must have a deathwish or be totally insane, so I left him to get on with it on his own!

It's the first time this has happened when driving the Skyline - most people like to have a look or give the thumbs up or a wave, they receive a gear drop and a fast overtake with a bit of dump valve to brighten up their drive home.

Should I expect to be dealing with more idiots like the one in the Ford?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm told by Malayasian colleagues that this is standard driving in that part of the world. (It's certainly is across the way in Indonesia) A lot of high powered cars from Singapore even drive over just so they can blast around at crazy speeds. If a copper bothers to stop them, again I'm told, a few dollars can smooth the way.... Though it's slightly less dangerous than it looks, in that all the other road users are expecting cars to undertake - slightly less.

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
At this point I realised the guy must have a deathwish or be totally insane, so I left him to get on with it on his own!

It's the first time this has happened when driving the Skyline - most people like to have a look or give the thumbs up or a wave, they receive a gear drop and a fast overtake with a bit of dump valve to brighten up their drive home.

Should I expect to be dealing with more idiots like the one in the Ford?
They are few and far between, most people see a nice GT-R or Skyline and expect it to be quite quick so don't bother.
But you always get one idiot that must tell all his mates how he beat a zillion horsepower Skyline/GT-R and so will take unacceptable risks on the public highway.

But substituting vehicle ability or driver skill for recklessness means the road is only place they can actually win.

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
It's not a Gold GT-R though, it's White.

It's just a rear dirty rear, and the window is UV or tinted to 'yellow' things out a bit. When you see the GT-R through the side windows where they're down you can see it's a White GT-R.

Not that I'm justifying the driving by the car colour :chuckle:

·
Super Moderator
15,846 Posts
Agreed it is white, just a very dirty backside!

On the plus side, they will remove themselves from the gene pool driving like that. Sadly will probably take someone with them.

·
Premium Member
5,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It's not a Gold GT-R though, it's White.

It's just a rear dirty rear, and the window is UV or tinted to 'yellow' things out a bit. When you see the GT-R through the side windows where they're down you can see it's a White GT-R.

Not that I'm justifying the driving by the car colour :chuckle:

Are you suggesting this was Dean Kenny then? :eek:

·
Premium Member
13,361 Posts
Other than all the lane swapping shit, I don't think they were actually travelling that fast. Have a look at the video of the guy in a Skyline doing 200mph on the Wangan, past a load of lorries and tell me which one looks more scary.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts