GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 418 Posts

·
Registered
4,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
TOTB 8 is just around the corner:clap:

It will be held at Elvington airfield on Sunday 26th July 2009.

This thread is about finding the ten people and there Skyline to participate in the competition. GTR. GTS. GTT. Rear wheel drive or 4wd.

Any Nissan Skyline as long as you abide by the rules set from TOTB.

So under no circumstances will we allow any TOTB haters or silly things about the event on this thread, If you want to have a go or dig start your own thread.(You all understand?)

I have been told the strip at elvington will be glued and prepped for this years event, Straightliners have employed Lee Child from LA Racing to prep the track. Lee is a renowned fellow in the drag racing scene and is one of the best in prepping a track!

We also have a chance in having a Drag shoot out at Santa Pod with the organisors Straightline during a mid week test and tune day.:cool: But we must have enough interest of car's to be viable to do this.

So if any of you want to be part of this years TOTB 8 Skyline team put your name on the list:thumbsup:

On a very sad ending to this post.

Simon my very good friend and inventor along with Chris Mann of TOTB sadly passed away on the morning of the 28/02/09.

My thoughts and wishes goes to his family and good friends.

Lets make TOTB 8 a Skyline year and all get together and kick ass :thumbsup:

Mick

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
I would be up for a go this year if I'm aloud?

Rip guys

·
Registered
204 Posts
dont think my car will be anywhere near good enough this year, but should be next year. good luck to all those that enter. come on skylines :)

·
Premium Member
3,066 Posts
Never knew that news about chris, bad times :-(

Will 100% be attending and supporting, mick would i be able to come to the test day even though i wont be quick enough for the team i.e. just to practice?

·
Registered
3,986 Posts
Please keep the list going as normal (copy and paste) it will help to clarify who wants to try out for the TOTB Team.

1. Ludders
2. Madden
3. Listerofsmeg

·
Registered
40 Posts
Never knew that news about chris, bad times :-(

Will 100% be attending and supporting, mick would i be able to come to the test day even though i wont be quick enough for the team i.e. just to practice?
i'm alive and well but my colleague Simon Hinshelwood unfortunately passed away on saturday after a long illness. The funeral is this weekend. he'll be sadly missed.
:-(
chris m

·
Registered
171 Posts
Had a blast last year and would like to be considered for this year :cool: hopefully a bit faster :D and with some new aero that'll help with the handling course:thumbsup:

1. Ludders
2. Madden
3. Listerofsmeg
4. BazH

·
Premium Member
3,066 Posts
sorry misread the thread and was on my phone at the time!

Mick what about my request to come to the practice? Will it be ok?

·
Registered
4,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I have spoke to Trevor from Straightliners today we are going to organise a day at the pod. First dates that spring to mind is Wed the 13Th of May.

There will be a fee to enter of around £100. The track will be fully prepped and we can run all day if we want.

If we want to just keep it like a SKYLINE SHOOT OUT DAY.
We need around 30 to 40 cars the more cars we have the cheaper it will be for ourselves. I am still in talks with Trevor so please be patient.

Or we can spread the word to some other clubs and get say 80 cars then it will be £50 each. Like i say its early days so hang on it there. As soon as i have any more information i will report straight away.

If anyone has any issues with this then please speak up.

Mick:smokin:

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
Yea i would rather do a shootout first to make sure I'm good enough for the team. I dont want to take a place if there is someone better then me ;)

·
Premium Member
3,066 Posts
mick you want me to post on on the skyline club or have you already done it? Sure there would be a few on there who would be well up for it

1 - 20 of 418 Posts