GTR Forum banner

381 - 400 of 418 Posts

·
Registered
4,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #381
I couldn't give a hoot what anyone thinks to be honest.

I had a great time and the people that took part had a great time.

It wasn't anyone's fault that cars dropped out at the last minute that's racing.

I tried my best to get 10 cars but failed there isn't enough Skyline racers out there anymore.

I will be proposing to TOTB if I can start another mixed team so we can definitely have 10 cars and one reserve.

Mick.

·
Real men use a H-Pattern.
12,026 Posts
i dont think anyone else cares as much for skylines.
I don't care about the TOTB argument, but that is rubbish.

Most equally passionate owners do not have the means to indulge their passion to the extent that Mick does, would be a far more accurate statement.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Like I said James, no excuses. I came 2nd in qualifying and made the semi finals with 3 runs in the wet. My comment about low power was purely in frustration of not getting the benefit of the hours we put in.
Bottom line is i couldnt run my car again, but still managed 2nd place... had my run of recorded the top speed and jeff got the results driving himself we prob would have won the event :D

hey ho

Rob

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
I care Chris and I always have !!

Hence why Im saying what I said.

I remember lots of people saying they would run, I have seen a result in which almost nobody showed up. Mick and Keith are responsible as organisers so perhaps the rest of the skyline community is entitled to ask its representatives what happened, otherwise lets just not bother and keep out the event entirely !! I remember many moons ago when similar questions have been asked to others and justifiably so.

J.
Does this mean you will volunteer to organise team skyline for next year then??

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
I will be/would have, it was plumbed in and i was hoping to do a test squirt and check datalogs but that went with the plans of running more boost.
Game over, insert more credits :D

Rob.

Fair enough mate, just interested to see who is using it and whos not, and what reason there using it. obviously Rips say ludders one is just to spool the turbo quicker but the kit on there seems a little excessive just foir that.:popcorn:

what bout yours? spooling again or for more power outright?

·
Registered
3,985 Posts
Fair enough mate, just interested to see who is using it and whos not, and what reason there using it. obviously Rips say ludders one is just to spool the turbo quicker but the kit on there seems a little excessive just foir that.:popcorn:

what bout yours? spooling again or for more power outright?
If you are referring to the 6 port Nos system, we have never used it (yet). We only use the single fogger by the throttle body.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Using mine to improve launches and probably for more power, will see how it pans out.
Spool the turbo sounds rubbish to me, with a seq car once launched you are on boost until the end anyway. Its not like were doing a rolling start and need to improve boost freshold.

R.

3,663 Posts
Tweenie,

maybe time for another thread , but from what I have seen giving a squirt of the giggle juice at launch always wakes up the big singles. Far easier on the motor than using a launch limiter with ignition retarded to make boost.

But for big squirt of juice def a multi jet system weather it is dry or wet system.

·
Registered
3,985 Posts
Tweenie,

maybe time for another thread , but from what I have seen giving a squirt of the giggle juice at launch always wakes up the big singles. Far easier on the motor than using a launch limiter with ignition retarded to make boost.

But for big squirt of juice def a multi jet system weather it is dry or wet system.
Agreed. Makes a massive difference to the launch.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
i do love the Nos debate.

ludders, if you got such a massive setup, why have you not tried to use it yet?
do you have bottle warmers on the single fogger?

Rob i see what your saying, everyone seemes to use launch control, meaning surely the turbos is basically on boost off the line, after that its on boost till you cross the line, so claiming a 100 shot of nos is just to spool the turbo seems pointless unless its not just for spooling and is not just "100hp" ;)

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Tweenie,

I didnt explain myself properly, yes use it for the launch which has been successful for us, but after that point its used for power only.

Ludders terminals went up too high for a single fogger, rob tells me loads of lies though :D 1.7bar peak... must remember not to have the MFD set to boost display when you pull up ;) Shame the MFD only shows up to 2bar.
Remember when Rips said he only uses the gas to stage, then the incar video showed him on the button the whole way :D ;)

Roll on the next outing, lets hope i keep the water in this time :)

Rob

381 - 400 of 418 Posts