GTR Forum banner

401 - 418 of 418 Posts

·
Registered
3,984 Posts
I didnt explain myself properly, yes use it for the launch which has been successful for us, but after that point its used for power only.

Ludders terminals went up too high for a single fogger, rob tells me loads of lies though :D 1.7bar peak... must remember not to have the MFD set to boost display when you pull up ;) Shame the MFD only shows up to 2bar.
Remember when Rips said he only uses the gas to stage, then the incar video showed him on the button the whole way :D ;)

Roll on the next outing, lets hope i keep the water in this time :)

Rob
Tweenie mate.....my car uses a single fogger, I might not be a technical wizard but I am not a liar! The six port system on my car has never been used.

I use Nos for the launch and during the run.

·
Registered
3,984 Posts
i do love the Nos debate.

ludders, if you got such a massive setup, why have you not tried to use it yet?
do you have bottle warmers on the single fogger?

Rob i see what your saying, everyone seemes to use launch control, meaning surely the turbos is basically on boost off the line, after that its on boost till you cross the line, so claiming a 100 shot of nos is just to spool the turbo seems pointless unless its not just for spooling and is not just "100hp" ;)
The engine produces sufficient power already is the simple answer, so much so that the gearbox is struggling to cope, therefore the decision is simple.....keep the power at a level where it will hopefully not keep breaking stuff, especially not having to rebuild the box every competition.

The obvious problem is the car's weight and the current set up is probably at it's limit. If we increase the power any further I will be a bankrupt. The engine is quite capable of producing a lot more power but it never will whilst in the current car.

Yes I have a bottle warmer (on the bottle) you would be silly not to. It is not really feasible to control the pressure without one.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
How about ending all this debate with a a TOTB type top speed re-run at the Fighting Torque event just listed above it sounds a great event August 16th.. along an RAF runway. Take a look http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/121578-anyone-going-fighting-torque.html

We all know how supercar owners enjoy being humiliated... :chuckle: Rob based on RAF Marham times the top3 cars from that event would walk this event... last years fastest was an Ultima 176mph 24.67s over a mile from standing start.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
That's a shame, heard the same from Fuggles. I'll maybe speak to them to see what they say about my car as I don't have vinyls and have full interior / no nos etc. so I might fit the rules, we'll see what they say.

They would however give us our own class if there were a minimum 6 entries? not ideal of course but would allow Tweenie and other more heavily modded cars to run and get timed and I could explore it further with them...

http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/121578-an...ng-torque.html

Keep an eye on the thread above...

·
Registered
6,560 Posts
Ludders terminals went up too high for a single fogger,
We have never used the 6 port on Ludders car, it ran 155mph on 1.7-1.8 bar plus the single fogger of NOS, as you well know we had a fuel supply problem and were limited to that amount of boost on the day, besides, there wasn't enough traction to use any more power.

We had the same comments from competitors about the 6 port kit on the 240z so we pulled it all off and went quicker, this settled it once and for all, I assure you, if anything, having the 6 port kit on Ludders car at totb would have slowed it down ever so slightly due to carrying the extra weight :thumbsup:

Remember when Rips said he only uses the gas to stage, then the incar video showed him on the button the whole way :D ;)

Rob
At the time I said that, it was the case, the fact that in car video you saw at meetings well after that showed me using NOS all the way doesn't mean I lied at the time, it means we moved on and were ready to use it all the way when the video's were made.

Rob

·
Registered
531 Posts
good to see it run well jeff ,now we jus gotta get these gearboxes sorted out will ring you with some thoughts soon.

·
Registered
531 Posts
ya i know that mick ,i emailed andy to buy his hks air shifter box off him but then realised they break too .
think ill put my old 5 speed mk1 granada gt gearbox in cant be much worse .

·
Registered
4,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #414
ya i know that mick ,i emailed andy to buy his hks air shifter box off him but then realised they break too .
think ill put my old 5 speed mk1 granada gt gearbox in cant be much worse .
Andys will be OK in his car he isn't running our sort of power and Torque.

Ours will be back on the 12th of this month, We will up the power she will be well over the 1000 foot llbs then we will see what happens.

If it breaks it breaks then Lenco for me.

Mick.

·
Registered
6,560 Posts
Andys will be OK in his car he isn't running our sort of power and Torque.

Ours will be back on the 12th of this month, We will up the power she will be well over the 1000 foot llbs then we will see what happens.

If it breaks it breaks then Lenco for me.

Mick.
Great news, real shame it wasn't ready to totb, 1000lgft will be a good test for it, good luck with the 7s.

Rob

·
Registered
531 Posts
correction i won fightingtorque last year with a 201 mph top speed and 8.95 1/4 this year they kinda ruled out my car saying no parachute /no nos /no sign written cars .even tho we did not use the nos or chute .
they look for big money super cars mainly.so no go for me this year.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Does anybody know when the TV coverage is being scheduled for Sky? From memory, it was going to be shown on 24th August but did we ever get a time confirmed :cool:

401 - 418 of 418 Posts