GTR Forum banner

101 - 120 of 418 Posts

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
would that be of any real benefit? given that we are struggling to find 10 people that actually want to do this anyway....might put people off if they see thier car as "inadequate"

Im happy to......

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
would that be of any real benefit? given that we are struggling to find 10 people that actually want to do this anyway....might put people off if they see thier car as "inadequate"

Im happy to......

Ha ha, I walked into that one :D

Brief spec as follows:

R34 GT-R, full street trim
S-Tune suspension with motorsport bracing running R888's and Skylab TSC
Grex 6-pots front with Brembo 2-pots rear, braided hoses, Castrol SRF
TR Racing built RB27 with twin 2530's (dyno to come next week) :smokin:
Possibly running VP Import if I can sort out a race map with TweenieRob :D

Previous results - none. I am a TOTB novice :popcorn:

·
Registered
393 Posts
OK This is not a willy waving contest

First off we need to try and get as many entrants as possible with the 10 best cars on the Skyline team. As allot of you know the GTR used to dominate the TOTB 1/4 and top speed. But alas this is not the case with the scooby and EVO just as fast.

Also the handling course is very difficult for the GTR as we are much heavier.

First things first we need to work out who is prepared to do which disciplines.

So if we put up a beside the names that would help.

1. robbie - R32 GTR 1/4mile drag ,Top [email protected],Handling
2. bazh - R32 GTR
3. Lister - R33 GTR
4. Ludders - R34 GTR
5. Seanab - R32 GTR
6. Rob - R32 GTR
7. Karl - R32 GTR
8. Shane - R32 GTR
9. George - R34 GTR
10. T04Z GTR - R33 GTR 1/4mile drag ,Top [email protected],Handling

We can do the car spec separate. As power is not everything on the handling circuit.

I will go out on a honest limb and say that it will be probably impossible to win this event again without everyone doing well in the handling and that not possible due to the course design.

But we will hold our heads up high and give it very big shot.

Robbie

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
First off we need to try and get as many entrants as possible with the 10 best cars on the Skyline team. As allot of you know the GTR used to dominate the TOTB 1/4 and top speed. But alas this is not the case with the scooby and EVO just as fast.

Also the handling course is very difficult for the GTR as we are much heavier.

First things first we need to work out who is prepared to do which disciplines.

So if we put up a beside the names that would help.

1. robbie - R32 GTR 1/4mile drag ,Top [email protected],Handling
2. bazh - R32 GTR
3. Lister - R33 GTR
4. Ludders - R34 GTR
5. Seanab - R32 GTR
6. Rob - R32 GTR
7. Karl - R32 GTR
8. Shane - R32 GTR
9. George - R34 GTR
10. Driftboy - R33 GTR 1/4mile drag ,Top [email protected],Handling

We can do the car spec separate. As power is not everything on the handling circuit.

I will go out on a honest limb and say that it will be probably impossible to win this event again without everyone doing well in the handling and that not possible due to the course design.

But we will hold our heads up high and give it very big shot.

Robbie
I thought you asked for the spec. of the cars? If I was willy waving, do you really think I would do so in this company - nope :D

·
Registered
393 Posts
I thought by knowing what disciplines each competitors are willing to enter would be better first then we can try and pick a team that will have an overall go at the competition and not just 1/4 mile drag.

Robbie

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
arguably if you can nail the 1/4 and top speed (i.e get 5 or 6 in the top 10 then youll win overall....RCM will win the individual event... thats a given ;)

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
I think robbie is right.

You are a team after all, you should be working together to get the best out of the team.

Otherwise enrol independantly and dont refer to it as being a team.

I, like a few other members, are waiting for the gtr to be on top again, sick and tired of the scoobies and evo's farting up and down and around TOTB.

All for one and one for all!

Sort it out lads.

·
Registered
393 Posts
What I mean is a big spec car might do well on the drag and top speed but might struggle on the handling. Where a good fast road car will be ok in the handling and good on the drag then struggle on the top speed.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
What I mean is a big spec car might do well on the drag and top speed but might struggle on the handling. Where a good fast road car will be ok in the handling and good on the drag then struggle on the top speed.
What is the top speed run measured over in terms of distance Robbie and what sort of terminal speed would you expect to see from a competitive car?

·
Following EJH#25
6,824 Posts
What is the top speed run measured over in terms of distance Robbie and what sort of terminal speed would you expect to see from a competitive car?
Judging by last years results you'll need to be north of 170mph+ @ 1Km to get in the points George.

totb_7_results

Also, there are 6 tuner entries in the 22B team so they are going to be hard to beat this year.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Judging by last years results you'll need to be north of 170mph+ @ 1Km to get in the points George.

totb_7_results

Also, there are 6 tuner entries in the 22B team so they are going to be hard to beat this year.
Thanks Matt :thumbsup: One thing I do like is competition :D

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
i totaly agree with these comments we have to play to our strengths.....realistically though the only person that stands a "good" chance of scoring points in the handling will be Shane...and thats no disrespect to anyone else but they just dont set the course up for cars like ours. :(

Im still going to have a good crack at it though! I always do all 3 :)

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Best bet for Skylines to take an overall win, is to get as many Westfield type kitcars to enter, to take the handling course results off Scoobs and Evo's.

·
Registered
393 Posts
My car should run 10.0 or lower and hoping for 190+ @ 1km mark. Also hope to get in points on the handling course. My car is a track car not a drag car.

All the cars on the team need to be sub 11 second 1/4 and do 170+ mph if we want to win.

Robbie

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
haha good thinking!

With correct size wheels my car shouldnt have any issue with 170, and it has done sub 11 before we reduced its weight down at least 90kgs..

101 - 120 of 418 Posts