GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know the final results of totb today?

I wasn't there for long but managed to see rob (RIPS) driving ludders drag-r, was in the 9's and had quickest 60 there before i left.

who won?

·
Registered
435 Posts
I`m in also for the results! Hope all went well for everyone especially Rob and Ludders.

·
Registered
40 Posts
results should be available tonight i'd expect, dave will email them out to all the team reps/competitors once he has them, main results should be up later today on website

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
So what rough results were there? How fast did Drag-R go? What about Tweenie? Anything?

·
Premium Member
4,447 Posts
I agree with ben. It is the same every year. You would have though someone somehow could organise this.
The results are not on the TOTB site so its unlikely they will be here yet

The MLR site says they won ( as expected really) but even their site has only a couple ofl details of runs etc

As usual will have to wait for the either totb site to update the reults or for those in it to post their times.

·
Registered
40 Posts
why don't you guys get organised and pay for live timing like timeattack does ? its same old story every year....
results were up in the JP tent on displays every 15mins apparently. delays at the end due to rain delaying drag finals meant the results were late coming out. RCM won individual and MLR team. other than that i dont know much as i wasn't there myself. :)

·
Registered
4,936 Posts
Ben and others

If you want to know the results get your ass to Elvington.

Or Santa Pod next year.

Cheers.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
I had to drop out after run 3, 10.0 in the wet and was leading... next run in the dry and ran 9.60 on low boost... good start...
Having changed my start strategy i got way too cocky on the next run, the 9.6 launch was perfect and i'm confident i can finally put my creeping issues to bed. However, the tree was slow and i launched on the last orange giving me a red light (that will teach me lol). I just caught a glimpse of the red as i launched so i backed off and plodded through 1st and second, then thought.. **** it i can still do a top speed run so i horsed on.
As i crossed the km marker the core plug on the back of the head blew out and dropped out the coolant, it made braking interesting thats for sure!!
As i drove back round the return lane the marshall told me that the top speed run didnt count as i red lighted... gutted doesnt come close after looking at the recorded speeds for everyone.
So, end of play for me.. drove the car on the trailer and watched the racing for the rest of the day.

Ludders ran a 9.9 and then let rob drive his car for the rest of the day, i wont steal anyones thunder but rips did the car proud!! (not that jeff didnt!)

Great day given the weather!

My missus was almost in tears, she hasnt graped the racing thing yet ;)

Rob

·
Premium Member
4,447 Posts
Ben and others

If you want to know the results get your ass to Elvington.

Or Santa Pod next year.

Cheers.

Not all of us could make it to TOTB it doesnt stop us being interested in the results and wanting the skylines to do well.
Especially the guys we know

·
Registered
679 Posts
well i turned up a bit late due to stoping for food lol i did wonder what happend to your car rob as it was sitting looking lonley
gave me a chance to take some pics of it tho

only seen 2 gtrs run ludders 34 and a silver 32

wondered what happened to the rest of team gtr

was good to watch for my first time to the event

·
Registered
4,936 Posts
Not all of us could make it to TOTB it doesnt stop us being interested in the results and wanting the skylines to do well.
Especially the guys we know
This was the team for TOTB regarding team Skyline.

1. George R34
2. Shaggey R32
2. Tweenierob R32

Ludders was there but his car was in the Pro class as Rob was driving it.

So we had a Great turn out 3 cars.

Just want to say a big thank you to George, Shaggey,Tweenierob and The Rips team.

·
Registered
679 Posts
This was the team for TOTB regarding team Skyline.

1. George R34
2. Shaggey R32
2. Tweenierob R32

Ludders was there but his car was in the Pro class as Rob was driving it.

So we had a Great turn out 3 cars.

Just want to say a big thank you to George, Shaggey,Tweenierob and The Rips team.

what happened **** as i thought there was like 11 names on the list to compete

btw **** were u wearing a tshirt with gajin on the back of it ?

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
I dropped out as after discovering I needed a new block earlier in the week and it just wasn't going to be built and motd in time. I offered up my place all paid for but no takers. Sorry to have let the team down but very well done to those that made it to run on the day. Real shame about tweenie's core plug after all the late nights getting it ready otherwise sure you would have been in the finals. Well done to Ludders and Rob too and good to see Rob got a few runs in after travelling half way round the world to attend!

·
Registered
4,936 Posts
what happened **** as i thought there was like 11 names on the list to compete

btw **** were u wearing a tshirt with gajin on the back of it ?
Hi muzzer.

I was totally pissed off to be honest.

Yep i had the t shirt on

·
Registered
798 Posts
I made it to totb but unfortunately never got to go out on the strip due to scruteny problems resulting in me missing the 9.45 drivers briefing...

Also had alot of luggage and general stuff in boot that i had no where to put due to my budy (who was supposed to come with hes van) bitching out on the last minute..

3 of us in a r32 gtr with luggage tools etc,1300kms round trip from cork southern Ireland and i never got to go out on track...quiet disappointed to say the least...

1 - 20 of 66 Posts