GTR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can any of you guys wanting SHELL RACE FUEL for the event please let me know in advance . can only bring so much fuel with me . £4.10 a litre . cash only on the day or phone me direct for
other payment details . regards evo400

tel 07715110462 dave

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i will forward a copy of the spec sheet . as for ron rating ,it is a FIA RALLY APPROVED FUEL . as such it is competeing with ELF TURBOMAX which it is absolutely distroying for power . expect many more degrees of ignition advance over ELF . middlehurst / abbey have now used this product also mr norris is in on the game too . your call ,but i need to know asap about reqquirements for totb . regards dave

50l tins and also larger drums avalable

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
Let's not forget the MON rating of the fuel.

If you do some digging, you will find quite a number of references to the MON being much more significant a rating for high boosting engines.

I have the spec sheet at home and can not post it up for you, but evo 400 if you are going to post information on the fuel, lets see all of the data including what temperatures the % of fuel boils off at, the specific gravity etc and make a more complete comparison to ELF and the other available unleaded racing fuels.

Please also give us the point of reference that backs up your statement that the Shell product destroys ELF Turbomax for power.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
lsiten far from me pushing it down your necks . try look @ what the best rally /race /fastroad /motorbike are now switching to .
boil points etc etc are far from many engine builders minds , they actally tend to do back to back tests for the real facts abbey/norris . so like i said if you would like a copy of the data sheet please say and i shall send it you .

ps are you competting @ totb ???? if not then please reply after sunday as i will not have the time to make replys cheers

my direct number 07715110462 dave

·
Registered
140 Posts
I have heard exactly the same thing straight from a few ppls mouths. Mark at MAD is setting up a few cars to run on it. On a certain car it is running 7degrees more advance over the Elf fuel. This is on a distributorless ignition system.

L8r

Nad

Maybe I should try it in the Nova;)

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
evo400

7 degrees more than Turbomax is an interesting statistic.

Being able to run more ignition may just mean that the fuel is slower burning which will be helpful to one engine but not much use for another.

Logic tells me that the higher you rev an engine the faster the fuel will need to burn to deliver it’s power in the cylinder rather than in the exhaust.

As you raise the boost, the more the fuel will spontaneously ignite, which then requires the octane to be raised which slows the rate of burn and opposes the needs of the high revving engine, so the balance must lie somewhere between the two.

Head design is not universal so a combustion chamber with lots of squish will have a different requirement to a hemi shape etc.

The oxygen content obviously delivers a bit of extra punch, most of the turbo unleaded fuels claim a 2% to 3% oxygen content, but make no mention of how available it is to burn.

Dyno sheets for a high boosted engine that was properly mapped on both fuels would take much of the sales oriented opinion out of your comments.

This is a really interesting topic, lets us have more facts, which will no doubt be helpful to your business if you can back up your statements.

Hugh

1 - 9 of 9 Posts