GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a GT-R ordered for dec'09, i have been told originally that it would be around the 17th but then the dealer said that it may be after that, i thought there is no point collecting so late in december and just picking it up in jan'10
that way it would be registered as a 2010 model as it's only a couple of weeks difference.

then i got thinking that why not just wait until march'10 when the new plates come out but am not sure the dealer would do this as it would be in the final stages of production. does anyone know the situation here? i am going to speak to my dealer tomorrow and see what they say. or an alternative would be to ask them to hold the car until march,will be paid for this year to avoid the tax inflation but am not sure if they can hold the car until march'2010.

anyone know anything about this?

·
Registered
31 Posts
I see no problem with that.

You don't have to register the car with the DVLA as soon as you buy it.

Alot of cars are stored in the UK at sites waiting for the dealers to sell them for months at a time.

Just make sure the dealer is aware and that they do not register the car before March.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Hi.

You've waited all this time and now you want to wait some more!? Whether its a dec09 or Jan10 will make little difference to anything. It will still be on a 59 plate. I'm not sure your HPC will be keen to hold on to your car unregistered unless you pay for it in full. If its a December car its either in the UK already or on a container and your HPC should be able to track its progress.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i spoke today and they still haven't got a confirmed date.still
hovering around the 17th. Most likely pick it up first week of jan.

Regarding the payment if i left it till march,thats no prob,would
have paid for it anyway.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
dealer also said that if it come's between mid to end of dec
then just get in jan,no point getting that far in december.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
delear said no probs about collecting it in march for the new '__10 ___' plate.
would have been silly getting mid jan an 6 weeks later a new plate come's out! to close to march.

going to look at 06' M5 in the new year until the GT-R come's...

·
Registered
131 Posts
decision

Imho wait till March. If u need another car get something like a golf or mx5 for the shopping, very easy to sell on. Get the worst of the winter weather behind you. Wet, dirty & slippy or frosty dirty & slippy.:(
Black/gun.m.:D

·
Registered
313 Posts
Are you sure you won't be caught by the VAT increase if this is delivered next year ??

That's an extra £1,100 ?

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Agree. And you want to go through all the aggro of acquiring and then disposing of an M5 in the interim?
looked at a few M5's today and what they will be worth in come march time,
looking at depreciation of around 4/5k... not really something i think anyone would like :D

considering a C63 AMG if can find one for the right price as these will not loose anything come march. if that fails then i have my dad's CLS so all is not lost :D

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Are you sure you won't be caught by the VAT increase if this is delivered next year ??

That's an extra £1,100 ?
definatly wont be,dealer has assured me this. as long as name is on the car then i am exempt from paying the increase in v.a.t.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
oh come on... don't wait until March that's just sad. Get the car and drive it.
i can't wait to get the car,it's driving me mad everyday. i have had it on order since august'08...been a very very long wait! but getting the car mid jan and then 6 weeks later a new plate out isn't going to do the value any good.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Unless you have an epic ski trip or similar planned for the car wait, till March and take a week out in it and enjoy the spring sunshine. It's not worth getting it now, you'll be driving a brand new car around in all the salt and crap on the roads, you won't appreciate the performance on slippy roads. Take the time while it's at the dealers to get some jobs done on it like underside protection. If you find you can't wait borrow some trade plates for a quick blast...

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Unless you have an epic ski trip or similar planned for the car wait, till March and take a week out in it and enjoy the spring sunshine. It's not worth getting it now, you'll be driving a brand new car around in all the salt and crap on the roads, you won't appreciate the performance on slippy roads. Take the time while it's at the dealers to get some jobs done on it like underside protection. If you find you can't wait borrow some trade plates for a quick blast...

i wasn't even allowed to take it for a test-drive so taking it
out for a blast with trader plates doesn't seem likely :(

·
Registered
535 Posts
Pick it up In January ...its still a 2010 reg car :D I wouldnt worry about the weather (Salt etc) as mentioned coz you will only face the same next winter :D

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Pick it up In January ...its still a 2010 reg car :D I wouldnt worry about the weather (Salt etc) as mentioned coz you will only face the same next winter :D
it wont be a 2010 reg though else i would
not have bothered waiting,but 6weeks is
just to close for me personally. it's so hard,waited
so looong :(

does anyone know when the cut-off date is
for changing colour or model? i.e - to a
black edition? ...

·
Registered
438 Posts
it wont be a 2010 reg though else i would
not have bothered waiting,but 6weeks is
just to close for me personally. it's so hard,waited
so looong :(

does anyone know when the cut-off date is
for changing colour or model? i.e - to a
black edition? ...
Come on - after waiting for so long you now want to change colours.

Get it on Jan 1 - it's a 2010 model.

If you were prepared to loose £5k on a M5 why not £200 on a GT-R?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts