GTR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Many of you may have seen that Rob Huff is now a member on here and I noticed at Litchfields Castle Combe day that Tom Chilton, another World Touring car driver, is a GT-R owner. Keep spreading the word about how good these cars are! Perhaps Rob and Tom would like to have their cars on the GTROC stand at the Autosport show?

Tom's website www.hot-laps.co.uk

Attachments

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Not sure why you'd want this car on the stand, looks very boring. Only purpose it would serve is advertising his business.

Much prefer to see forum members and forum sponsor cars, the likes of splking, JamieP, SVM, JM Imports, Litchfield etc ...

·
Premium Member
3,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure why you'd want this car on the stand, looks very boring. Only purpose it would serve is advertising his business.

Much prefer to see forum members and forum sponsor cars, the likes of splking, JamieP, SVM, JM Imports, Litchfield etc ...
I have no influence on whose car goes on the stand however if you had a well known driver and his car present on the stand it creates a lot of interest from visitors to the show. Last year there was an interesting mix of cars ranging from a SVM modded high power R35 to a standard TrackPack one supplied by Nissan.Personally I would like to see Shaun's GT1 car on the stand this year.

·
Premium Member
3,733 Posts
One thing to consider is it is a GTROC event and the cost considerations for anything (and I mean anything) even remotely commercial mean that significant charges are incurred.

Rightly so as Autosport is there to make money for the organisers and they, very kindly, let the GTROC showcase their members cars for the general public to get close. We are really grateful to Autosport for giving us the opportunity and this year for instance we have been asked not to sell any clothing etc off the stand - not an unreasonable request as we invited as their guests!

Hope that makes sense.

·
Premium Member
1,415 Posts
hopefully it will be there Barry :wavey::wavey:

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
Garage Bomber will be there. But not Blue Streak. Or am I not supposed to say that?

·
Registered
609 Posts
It's not just the touring boys I hear there a few F1 drivers that are proud owners too.

·
Administrator
31,755 Posts
Because their day job is driving cars, they prefer their own cars to drive themselves ;)

·
Premium Member
8,829 Posts
One thing to consider is it is a GTROC event and the cost considerations for anything (and I mean anything) even remotely commercial mean that significant charges are incurred.

Rightly so as Autosport is there to make money for the organisers and they, very kindly, let the GTROC showcase their members cars for the general public to get close. We are really grateful to Autosport for giving us the opportunity and this year for instance we have been asked not to sell any clothing etc off the stand - not an unreasonable request as we invited as their guests!

Hope that makes sense.
That's right as the GTROC is a non profit making organisation :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts