GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A great announcement today from the GT-R Drivers Club for all members with R35s.

We have been able to pull together a tremendous deal with Toyo tyres for the R888R which are specific to the GT-R.

Developed for the track, Proxes R888R delivers supreme dry handling.

With enhanced steering feel and response, combined with higher stabilty on the throttle, Proxes R888R allows track users to carry higher speed through corners for faster laps.

Faster cornering, longer lasting and more consistent, Proxes R888R translates power into lap times.

A set of four Tyres for the Nissan GT-R size - 2 * 315/30 R20 and 2 * 285/35 R20 Compound GG is just £856 and this deal is exclusive to the GT-R Drivers Club. Tyres are also available as a single unit, or in pairs.

Price includes VAT and shipping IMPORTANTLY - only to a Business address.

Many thanks to PapaSmurf and Toyo Tyres for working so hard for pulling this together.

To answer the question about Skyline and other tyre sizes - we aren't able to offer these as they are already widely sold and available for a variety of vehicles through Toyos partners. Because this tyre is specific to one car only we have been able to provide them. Obviously we would love to do everything but it simply isn't possible I am afraid.

To buy go to https://gtrdc.co.uk/collections

·
Premium Member
36 Posts
I talked to John about shipping outside of the UK and the answer was that it is strictly forbidden, since there are other distributors that provide these tires to EU countries.

Which was a real bummer!

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
I talked to John about shipping outside of the UK and the answer was that it is strictly forbidden, since there are other distributors that provide these tires to EU countries.

Which was a real bummer!
I know that was the case with the old deal and assumed that it was for this one as well but thought I'd check.

I actually checked prices on Tyre Leader and it would probably be cheaper to get these shipped to a UK business address & then shipped to where I live than buying them directly from TL ... Not sure if this will be the case for Sweden though.

·
Premium Member
36 Posts
I am also looking into such options, will see what type of shipping rates I can get. But it might very well be a way forward.

Skickat från min SM-G950F via Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,927 Posts
Are these now the best tyre for grip other than in the wet?
In my opinion the answer is YES

The only caveat is that with the 285 -315 set up, it does make a small difference in rolling circumference between front and rear. Although it is the right way round, we recommend keeping an eye on the transmission temperatures when on track with the R888R's as you shouldn't really let them go above about 125c.

If you keep pounding round a circuit, the temperatures will rise slightly more with the Toyo's but then the grip is phenomenal.

We can only ship to a UK business address

·
Premium Member
8,824 Posts
Fantastic tyre and road comfortable too - I may just replace my MPSS with them on my other rims so run 2 sets on for track and one for road and when as always happens the NSF wears out I can swap it

·
Premium Member
8,824 Posts
Have spoken to Iain about the kit - Skill, Driver, GTR, Heavy, lol

·
Premium Member
902 Posts
I have them on my track rims and can confirm they wear evenly and are mint

1 - 20 of 26 Posts