GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys just picked up the car from the wheel refurbisher and drove away the Tpms light came on for the passenger rear wheel and then showed a flat tyre
Wheel refurbisher said it should reset it self after a few miles as none of the sensors were replaced
however it’s started to reach pressure in that tyre and the flat tyre warning went off then it went to 0 again then it moved to the passenger front tyre where it’s stayed with a reading of 0 and a red flat tyre warning
Please tell me what’s going on and how to fix it please
Thanks In advance
Chris

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not actually sure fella but I’m confused why it went from the rear to now the front
A friend has a Ecutek but I’m not sure if I can use that on my car?

·
Premium Member
2,011 Posts
Sounds like they have been mixed up, easily fixed by re-scanning them with a tpms trigger tool and ecutek cable/dongle. Ecutek cable/dongles can be used on any GTR, its just the map loading etc that can;t be done, scanning for faults/codes is fine.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ahh I saw that before so if I get one ☝ those I can use my friends Ecutek to reset the Tpms?

·
Premium Member
676 Posts
You only need a license for the tune (one for engine, one for gearbox). Standard Ecutek and TPMS trigger tool is all you need (or get wheel refurber to swap back the sensors, though that will mean tyre off/on so risky for damage if new painted rims). TPMS trigger are only about £15 on ebay so I would go that route.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You think the wheel refurbisher mixed the sensors up?
ive ordered a trigger tool so if I buy the basic Ecutek from Litchfield this will sort it you think ?

·
Premium Member
676 Posts
They might have.

The way the TPMS sensors work are that they are basically paired to a particular wheel. When the wheels got refurbed the sensors have to come off. If they put the sensors back on in the wrong order (I.e. put passenger rear to passenger front, and vice versa) then the car will think they are in the wrong place as the pairng is broken and you get the error message.

But its also possible the sensor batteries are old so they have failed. Or even the sensors got damaged when taken off/refitted.

Yes, with the Ecutek (or Cobb) kit you can reprogram the TPMS sensors to the car. But you need the TPMS trigger tool also so that you can do this and I see you have ordered one.

If your sensors have failed and you need to buy new ones then you will have the kit to do the reprogramming yourself.

·
Premium Member
676 Posts
They vary in price, lots of different brands out there, but they range from about £30 each for a cheapo chinese copy to £50-70 or more quid each for a Schrader/Nissan one.

·
Premium Member
2,011 Posts
TPMS sensors are different on EBA cars,
CBA & DBA till early 2014 are the same (and can use the same trigger tool), however late 2014 onwards, they changed and need a different trigger tool, ecutek side is the same though.

·
Premium Member
676 Posts
For OP, the TMPS trigger tool in the link Tin provided is the one for CBA & DBA (til early 2014) (y)

1 - 20 of 41 Posts