GTR Forum banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,412 Posts
You should have bought your replacement sensors off me as suggested by Tin, mine work perfectly on the 2009-2013 cars.

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
I cloned the TPMS on my R35 GTR.

I first went to Kwik fit and asked them to read the TPMS numbers for me.

They did offer to sell me a set of new TPMS, but that is not the cheapest way to to do it.

Now I can swap Drag / Track and road tyre sets around and the car always reads the tyre pressure without noticing there has been a swap.

Here is what the reader shows.

The sensor number showing on this sensor is 211 944 D, each sensor will be different, that is what you need to know to clone them.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I cloned the TPMS on my R35 GTR.

I first went to Kwik fit and asked them to read the TPMS numbers for me.

They did offer to sell me a set of new TPMS, but that is not the cheapest way to to do it.

Now I can swap Drag / Track and road tyre sets around and the car always reads the tyre pressure without noticing there has been a swap.

Here is what the reader shows.

The sensor number showing on this sensor is 211 944 D, each sensor will be different, that is what you need to know to clone them.

View attachment 266299
Can they program sensors to the car using there Software

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
You should have bought your replacement sensors off me as suggested by Tin, mine work perfectly on the 2009-2013 cars.
I agree but it’s down to cost as I’m furlough at the moment so looking after the penny’s
and £200 is a lot for sensors lol

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Can they program sensors to the car using there Software
The whole point of cloning your TPMS is that there is nothing to adjust in the car.

As long as Kwik Fit can read the sensor ID, then they can clone.

However Kwik fit are an expensive way of achieving this.

If you have to change the TPMS without being able to read the sensor ID, you will have to register the sensors with a TPMS tool, I believe this is easier on earlier year cars.

·
Premium Member
3,412 Posts
I agree but it’s down to cost as I’m furlough at the moment so looking after the penny’s
and £200 is a lot for sensors lol
I sent you a message with prices, £45 incl postage for a single sensor or £160 incl postage for 4

·
Premium Member
3,412 Posts
Yes if you’ve got one of the Orange EL50448 trigger tools and an Ecutek dongle.

·
Premium Member
3,412 Posts
Have you tried rescanning in your current tpms? If the tyre fitters swapped the wheels round you may find that this will solve the issue.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Yea fella to have one that won’t scan and one that’s faulty
Have you tried rescanning in your current tpms? If the tyre fitters swapped the wheels round you may find that this will solve the issue.
I have one sensor that won’t scan and another that only registers a psi reading when the car is on the move and then goes back to 0 when stopped

21 - 40 of 41 Posts