GTR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got in my car this morning and the orange tyre pressure warning was on. Went to the nearest air pump and topped it up thinking I could have a puncture. When the machine got disconnected, it's snapped the end of the valve so it doesn't hold any pressure at all. Now, can a tpms repair kit fix this, or do I need a new sensor? Thanks

·
Registered
496 Posts
There's a valve service kit but you'll need a new unit. If you're running on a run-flat with no pressure you'll also probably need a new tyre.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thought that'd be the case. I'll have a hunt for a new one then! Cheers for the reply

·
Registered
496 Posts
There's a thread about Nissan covering replacement of these units. Might be worth a search.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've got one ordered now for next day delivery. For what they cost, there's no real point in trying to get one off Nissan. Would probably have to pick it up from them too, which would cost more in fuel than it would for the new unit! Thanks for your replies

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yep, will actually be getting that done at Middlehurst. Was on my way there this morning to get a new windscreen fitted when this happened!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts