GTR Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Both my front tyres are losing pressure with the driver side being the worst.

I've searched the forums for this and it would appear to be faulty or leaky TPMS sensors.

Has anyone bought any recently and therefore can recommend a trader that can supply them at a decent price?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
It could be the nut that needs tightening, check with an 11mm socket and very LIGHT force, just a small 1/8th to 1/4 turn.
Also, to be safe, buy a service kit. They're about £20
Final thing is to check the wheel. I thought my TPMS was playing up, turns out my wheel was cracked and I had to get a new one.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It may just be the stems that are leaking so may just need a service pack
Would you know the part number for this and where best to get them. I noticed a few threads saying the kits were just a couple of quid; best I can find on line are about £15.

·
Premium Member
1,327 Posts
It could also be the seal around the rim if the tyre installer just inflated to correct pressures. I've had something similar in the past.

Just try over inflating your tyre, then reducing to correct pressure. Sometimes they just are't sat right on the seal.

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
I had the same problem on my last GTR. Took the wheel off & laid it flat on the ground, poured some water around the valve & spooted the tell tale bubbles!

So I slackened off the valve, squirted some Fairy Liquid around the seal, retightened & it was fine.

Hope that helps,

Dave.:)

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm about to have a set of R888's fitted and looking for a service kit for the TPMS sensors and also 2 replacements just in case any aren't serviceable.

I've already had a failure of one so don't want to be stuck and I'm struggling to find anyone with them in stock other than my local HPC.

Anyone know a vendor/supplier that holds them in stock?

Cheers

·
Premium Member
3,524 Posts
Service kits on ebay for £4, but postage brings it up to £13
Item number 271425950860

Also available at tyre bay direct , new sensors £43 and they also do the repair kits.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Service kits on ebay for £4, but postage brings it up to £13
Item number 271425950860

Also available at tyre bay direct , new sensors £43 and they also do the repair kits.
Thanks. Managed to source 2 sensors from the sensorshop.com along with service kits so well sorted for a bit now.

There are a few on ebay but be careful. I called few ebay suppliers to make sure they had them stock for immediate delivery only to be told they didn't do sensors for a GTR.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts