GTR Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
TPS Tyre pressure monitoring System?

Right so last year I experienced an awesome blow-out F1 Silverstone style! On the left rear tyre, the inner side wall completely failed, and exploded, whilst overtaking a few slower vehicles at the top of an Alp! Luckily I was driving in a straight line as it happened!

Remarkably I didn't even realise it was a tyre until I pulled over! All I noticed from the drivers seat was a flapping noise, sounded like a piece of body work somehow came lose and was bouncing on the road! Only when I removed the wheel did I found out how bad it was! That "flapping" sound was the shredded tyre flailing inside the arch and even somehow damaging the Carbon Vortex spats! :(

Anyway so now I'd like to fit a pressure and temperature warning system!

Dose anyone know what fits and reliably works with 19" Volk Rays TE37 9.5"wide?

Ideally I'd prefer a style that dose NOT mount in the valve, like most OEMs are now using, but do this even exist aftermarket as a retro fit?

Cheers,
Steve

·
Registered
13 Posts
I just bought one Orange P409S kit, havent got i yet but after some looking around it felt like a good kit. Both pressure and temperature, you will just get the temperature where the sensor is mounted tho, and not in the actual tire...

one other good thing is that it has a operating temperatur up to 120deg celcius, many kit i found had much lower!

Googel it and do a search on ebay, there are alot of different kits!

//Anton

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I think these are the same ones a friend of mine fitted to his Evo X but after a few months started to give trouble. would be very interested to see how you get on.

My other main concern with this type, is if the vale fits the Ray TE37's correctly?! what wheels do you have?

ideally I'm looking for a strap type sensor, that is mounted in the centre of the rim, and thus not relying on the valve.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts