GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1999 BNR34 GTR V-Spec, Silver 56,000 miles for sale

Well here we go with the sale of, what is for me, one of the most iconic R34 GTR’s out there. Built and mapped by the legendary Rob Gallagher “Tweenierob” and was in fact the very last car to leave this very special outfit in Harlow. The original intent was to replicate the Mines R34 in terms of response and performance. Clearly, we got carried away and ended up with a phenomenal all-round machine that can do anything from running around to the shops through to annihilating pretty much anything at the race track and more than holding its own at the drag strip. Where items are marked * this denotes they have been purchased since January 2009.

Engine specification. Built, mapped and run in by TR Racing:

N1 bored and honed block *
87mm TR Racing custom forged pistons *
21mm pin TR Racing forged conrods *
Nissan RB26 crankshaft *
Greddy oil pump *
HKS 2530 turbines *
Tomei camshafts and vernier pulleys *
ACL Race series bearings 87mm *
1.2mm head gasket set *
Greddy timing belt *
Installation and mapping of NOS system with 75hp single fogger shot *

The engine was installed in the car in July 2009 with approximately 53,000 miles on the clock. The car had its first oil change at 55,500 miles in October 2009. Currently the odometer shows just less than 56,000 miles and is still in use so this figure will go up slightly.

The car made 646hp and 550lbs/ft at the flywheel on the dyno (see plot in my rebuild thread, page 18) on pump fuel. Tweenierob’s estimations for race gas (VP Import) and NOS were as follows:

VP Import - 680hp and 620lbs/ft
VP Import plus NOS - 800hp and 700lbs/ft

We were not able to get the car on the dyno for race gas and NOS due to time constraints but the proof is evident on the strip at Santa Pod last month, running a 10.72 quarter in FULL street trim (even including the spare wheel). Rob configured the NOS system to kick in at 3k RPM and 10MPH so the car is launched on race gas.

Other engine items:

Twin uprated Tomei pumps *
HKS Turbo outlet pipes
HKS front pipe
HKS Hyper exhaust
HKS hard pipe kit
HKS Actuators
PE 700cc injectors *
Tomei fuel regulator *
HKS intercooler
HKS spark plugs *
Greddy Profec B spec 2 boost controller *
Mocul oil cooler
Tomei oil gallery
Apexi filters (cone type)
Nismo air duct
Abbey oil catch tank
HKS FCON with launch control, antilag and maps for 99 ron and race gas *
Uprated Koyo Radiator *
Battery *

Drivetrain/control systems

Skylab torque split controller *
Grid dancer *
HKS variable launch control regulator *
Exedy triple plate clutch
4.11 diffs *

Suspension/braking

Tein Monoflex suspension with in-car EDFC *
Motorsport full underbody bracing
Greddy 355mm 6 pot kit with Pagid blue pads *
Braided brake lines running Castrol SRF fluid *
Black 18” TE37 alloys with 275/30/18 Toyo R888 tyres *
Front link arms *
Driftworks Hicas eliminator kit *
Driftworks front camber arms *
Full geometry set up in October for fast road/track *

Bodywork/styling

Nismo clear lenses
Nismo harnesses *
Nismo titanium gear lever
Nismo front bumper
Fitted fire extinguisher *
Momo “Race” wheel with D2 snap off kit and works bell boss *
Nismo MFD II upgrade
Parrot Bluetooth kit *
Bride Gias Lowmax front seats *
Carbon rear spoiler *

The car has wanted for nothing in my year of ownership and ALL work has been carried out by TR Racing even down to the installation of mundane items such as the rear spoiler and Nismo harnesses.

The car is taxed to the end of December 2009 and tested to September 2010 and there were no issues at all on the last MOT.

As a mark of respect to Rob, I would like any prospective purchaser to keep the livery of the car as it is currently and undertake to transfer this commitment upon future sale.

The asking price for this unique and very special last of breed car is £35,000 or €39,000. I may consider a part exchange but I am looking for an Evo VII RS Sprint ideally.

The car will be detailed shortly and I will post some proper photos after this has taken place. Please see my rebuild thread in my signature below for a few photos as I am having capacity loading problems for photos right now :chairshot There are some decent photos on page 19 of my rebuild thread. In the meantime, I think most questions will be answered by browsing through the thread in the projects section. Please don’t hesitate to ask any questions if you have any. I am happy to take serious purchasers for a test drive but I’m afraid I will be doing the driving.

Inevitably there will be some items omitted and I will update the thread accordingly when I remember them!

Thanks for looking :thumbsup:

YouTube - Judley69's Channel

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
i read the rebuild thread during your progress and watched it progress at TR racing, this is a truely awesome car, and, one of the very few big gtrs i have seen develop in my era and whilst newly on the gtr scene. it is a kind of masterpiece created by an artist. for that reason i feel a kind of personal sadness that this car is to be sold and i pray to god that it goes to a deserved new owner. if i could afford it i would buy it in an instant. whoever buys this car is a VERY lucky person. you had best look after it.

good luck with the sale george:thumbsup:

kev:bawling:

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i read the rebuild thread during your progress and watched it progress at TR racing, this is a truely awesome car, and, one of the very few big gtrs i have seen develop in my era and whilst newly on the gtr scene. it is a kind of masterpiece created by an artist. for that reason i feel a kind of personal sadness that this car is to be sold and i pray to god that it goes to a deserved new owner. if i could afford it i would buy it in an instant. whoever buys this car is a VERY lucky person. you had best look after it.

good luck with the sale george:thumbsup:

kev:bawling:
Thanks Kev, it will be a lucky person indeed :thumbsup: First thing I have forgotten off the list is new Splitfire coilpacks :chairshot

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
This is 1 amazing machine, its a shame you are selling, someone out there will be getting a serious bit of kit.

Good Luck with the sale(dont think you will need it as the car speaks for it self).

Tony

·
Following EJH#25
6,843 Posts
George brought his 34 round to my house and we test fitted my 17" drag wheels I was lending him whilst he was getting ready for TOTB. Totally unexpected he offered me a drive of his car and all I can say is that he well and truly got me hooked back on to the 'Skyline Smile'. I'm sure I thanked you at the time but many thanks again George. :cool:

I've driven quite a few GT-R's over the past 11.5 years of Skyline ownership but George's is almost certainly one of, if not the, best all rounders out there.

Anyway, good luck with the sale George, someone will be getting a very special car indeed. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
440 Posts
Just echoing wot everyone else has said. This is one serious machine, whoever buys it is a VERY lucky person.
Sorry to see her up for sale George, i wish u the best with your future plans.
Shaggy :thumbsup:

·
Registered
98 Posts
Good Luck with the sale George.

I thought the car was good when I owned it, but you and Rob have taken it to a whole new level :runaway:

Would buy it back in an instant if I wasn't poor, damn shares lol

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all the kind words guys :thumbsup: Ally, get that Porker sold and have some fun in your life :D:D:D

All PM's replied to now, going to chance my technical IT arm soon and try to upload some recent shots from Santa Pod :cool:

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Star man Mark :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
PM's replied to :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Right then. After a couple of hectic weeks I am about ready to do the photoshoot early next week. In the meantime, I have seen something that I really like but it is under auction. In light of this and for a seven day period only I am reducing the price to £33k or €37k. If I can conclude this sale then I can go and get the car I have my eye on. If not, the price will go back to the current £35k or €39k.

Photos should be uploaded on Tuesday hopefully :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 48 Posts