GTR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have wanted to do a track day for years but have been put off by the price!

a few years back i was quoted £1000 for one days cover on top of my already stupidly high insurance premium...

so i summed up:

£200 ish (cost of track day)
£1000 insurance
£ 300 - 600 fuel there, back & on track (depending on venue)
£ 200 oil & filter change prior to day & afterwards
£ 600 new tyres
£ 100 - 600 new brake pads & maybe disks
£ XXXXXX if anything else was to go wrong???

so that was adding up to a mental cost for the pleasure of a couple of hours driving my own car on their track

Are these prices realistic or am i being silly?

what do you all pay for the pleasure??? :nervous:

·
Registered
4,821 Posts
an oil change after a trackday (or before... which ever way round it works) is good practice...

New tyres, discs and pads after a trackday is crazy.... pads maybe if the are crap... but unless they are shot already or you drive 100% for the full time of the trackday you wont wear out a set of discs or tyres....

£200 for oil and filter !!! Do it yourself and pay about £140 less.

Insurance - try a company that combines trackday cover. Competition Car insurance, poss HIC etc

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cheers for the reply, the costings i did were on the "top end" of the scale just so all was covered.

i would usually do oil & filter myself but for a garage / tuner its around £100 a go

·
GTROC Member
5,037 Posts
Seriously over inflated prices in my opinion too mate...

A spanner check and oil/filter change by your tuner afterwards is advisable but I cant see you going through a set of tyres and brakes.

On the subject of insurance, I've always taken it out just to be safe incase the worst happens. Have used CCI or Egger Lawson and get x4 free days per year with my annual policy and every other day after that is about £200. The most I've payed was £400 per day for Ring & Spa trips but even they wont insure you there anymore for some reason.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts