GTR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
Sorry if this has been asked before but was looking to get a track day booked and wanted to free the power up a bit with a y pipe and exhaust system for a my10 r35. Are there any systems that might cause a problem to the sound guys ??????

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
Depends on the track as they vary in terms of decibel limits.

That's why I had the full Milltek system, you could do any track with that.
A lot of the systems are LOUD. Adding downpipes doesn't help either.

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
Thanks Richard
Would a miltec be bad for motorway drone
It's better than just the Y-pipe which does drone and did my head in at 65-75mph.

Not sure where you are, but give Litchfield etc... a call and talk exhausts.
They have a pretty balanced view of the market.

Some tracks are 98db abd some are 105db.

With a resonated Y pipe and a non-full race Milltek exhaust my car made about 92db, so I could take it anywhere.

Just means it wasn't as fruity sounding as they guys failing the noise tests. :)

·
Registered
9,091 Posts
I asked Litchfields to supply me with a no holds barred all out quietest exhaust possible that didn't compromise performance.

They produced one the nicest made systems I've seen. It's 102mm stainless and will soon be available catted.

There is zero drone and even with decatted downpipes it is on a par with a bone stock exhaust for volume, yet still makes a nice noise atg full throttle, just not a loud one.

Will easily pass any track noise limits.

·
Premium Member
8,829 Posts
Depends on the track as they vary in terms of decibel limits.

That's why I had the full Milltek system, you could do any track with that.
A lot of the systems are LOUD. Adding downpipes doesn't help either.
Second that and still have it on my car and know i can get onto any track in the UK without the dreaded nerves as you go for your noise test !!

Milltek 90mm will suffice

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Miltec the way to go then
Thanks guys no doubt I'll be asking for more advice about other things just got to keep it from she who must be obeyed

1 - 11 of 11 Posts