GTR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm off to the GTRDC Donnington event - super excited - while Reis motorsport cover me for 6 track days a year it does not cover Track Obsession events (only those on their list). Cover for the same value £50k for the day is about £500 or nearly £800 for full value of the car.

So question to the trackers among you, do you insure or no?

FYI searched the site could not find a thread on this which is surprising...

·
Registered
190 Posts
Here in Sweden a lot of ppl skip track insurance. Remove their plates for trackdays and if something do happen then it's reported later. The insurance companies are catching on though and "spies" are seen at some events.
Tbh I think it's hard/impossible to get full track insurance here when I think about it. What ppl can get is personal insurance.
Main reason I've stayed clear off tracks even though I have 3 within 2 hours driver. Not so keen on wrecking a £100k+ car and get 0 back. Might get myself something cheaper just to give it a go.

·
Premium Member
3,353 Posts
Try Pace Ward or Competition Car Insurance for trackday insurance

·
Registered
273 Posts
I'm off to the GTRDC Donnington event - super excited - while Reis motorsport cover me for 6 track days a year it does not cover Track Obsession events (only those on their list). Cover for the same value £50k for the day is about £500 or nearly £800 for full value of the car.

So question to the trackers among you, do you insure or no?

FYI searched the site could not find a thread on this which is surprising...
Most people that I come across at track days don't insure. You need to take it easy early on to see what the driving standards are like. The marshals sort out early misbehavior and things tend to be ok once people have calmed down. Clio's and Caterham's seem to be the cause of most problems...

If you have an open pit lane there's plenty of time to run when the track is a little quieter. The last 90 minutes of most track days also tend to be very quiet as a lot of people go home early.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Maybe the decision would come down to how it might affect your enjoyment of the day if you opted to go without insurance.
You might not get the most out of it if you have the lack of cover in the back of your mind whilst out on the track.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts