GTR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few of us have hired a circuit down by Ringwood for tomorrow!

The day will be 7 hours of full on track time with Open Pit Lane and you can run all day long even through lunch time.

The cost of the day is £105 all in!! its not an airfield but a professionally laid out circuit owned by the MOD for proving purposes. We have this opportunity to make the most of it.

The circuit is 3.5 miles long and can be modified if we ask during the day, a good place for any skyline I would say!

Please call me on 07968 077908 to discuss or book!

Thanks

Harj...

(Please not I have no commecial involvement with the Track, this is purely to make a success of the day so all can enjoy!)

:D

·
Registered
9,034 Posts
Harj,

Can't make tomorrow but this sounds like a great venue for a possible Skyline meet... Where exactly is it and have you got any more details on circuit layout, facilities, track surface, run-offs, who owns it, etc., etc.

Cheers.

Peter.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Damn, sounds excellant, I wish i lived nearer....:confused:
Hope you all have a good time though:smokin:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Guys!

The track is owned by the MOD, it was created a few years ago for themselves as their personal proving ground, its not a airfield surface and nor do they rag tanks around it ;) LOL

Its a good tarmac surface and the circuit is just over 4 miles in length if we were to use the full circuit, there are plenty of run off places as its in the open but there are also a couple of places not to make error as most tracks would have.

Full Facilities will be available i have been told ie medical, marshalling etc etc. There is also no lunch break unless you need it! Fuel is close by just up the road, the circuit is near Ringwood on the A31. Im taking my 1st jaunt down there tonight as were staying over, can't wait!!!! :D

Harj....

·
Registered
9,034 Posts
Sounds ideal! Let us know how you get on and if you can, let us have some contact details and perhaps we'll get a plan together....?

Have fun.

Peter.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Peter the day was a blinding success mate! :D

A superb circuit which was massively technical, it was more like a tarmac special stage which was winding, tight and explosive in fun!

I am planning on organising another day there in 3 weeks, I would be cautious though of Skylines as the circuit is the width of a small A Road with bushes and trees that surround it.

There was minimal tyre wear all day (Road Surface) I am waiting for some pics and a lap download onto a site then everyone can see for themselves the fun we had!

A huger figure of 8 was added for that pefect slide practicing :D

Harj...

·
Registered
9,034 Posts
Glad you had a good day Harj. It would be interesting to see the pics when you can get them up. May be worth a trip down to see what it's like with a view to getting a day together although I can't make it in 3 weeks time. Is the whole circuit tight and twisty or are them some wider, longer sections?

Am I right in thinking that it doesn't cost too much to hire...? How many cars could you safely get on track at any one time and presumably the MOD don't marshall it or provide emergency services, etc.

Cheers.

Peter.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi

The track is run by a sub contracting Motorsport company that have exclusive rights to it!

Marshalling and Emergency services are there, so no worries on that front! Ive been told that they have had R34's sweeping around there with ease so may be its not too bad for the Nissan boys ;)

Also F3000's have been known to hum around, the circuit is only tight in a couple of places ie 1 cars width but thats in 2 places only.

Absolutely cracking place though, I was a little worried at 1st but completely confident in the circuit and the organisers.

I will post a new thread soon for the 9th august with a link to video footage of the circuit!

Harj....

·
Registered
9,034 Posts
Ian,

Looks cool if not a little tight in places and a complete lack of marshalls...

Do you know what, I saw him ignore at least 5 'slow' signs! ;)

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Peter ...

too many beers last night or what?

The thread he has slapped up has full details, marshalls and emergency svs were there.

...Ian:D

·
Registered
9,034 Posts
Oops, sorry guv. :)

I wonder how many marshalls were in attendance and what emergency services as it's a long circuit, very tight and enclosed and I didn't see any on the vid. It also sounds too cheap to be true (£1400).....

It just concerned me what would happen in the event of a big off and whether it could be dealt with quickly. I would still like to have a look at the circuit to see if it would be suitable for a Skyline meet. Haven't back from Harj yet with any contact details though....

Pete, nice but dozy!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts