GTR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Doing my first track day on the 26th Feb (Donington Park) and will need a helmet, as I'm planning on doing them regularly I think its worth investing in something reasonable to replace my full face jobby which I bought years ago to do any airfield day.

I tried to buy one from the gtroc shop but they appear to be out of stock as I received a refund this morning!

Does anybody have any recommendations, suppliers, type I would like an open faced helmet this time :)

What do people do with regards the track inspections, can this inspection be done by Litchfields or do I have to go to an HPC? Is there an inspection before and after the track day because that's going to be a pain in the arse!

Thanks

Andy

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
Get a proper Nissan GT-R helmet.:thumbsup:

They are equal to an open face helmet of about £400-£500, but come up on ebay fairly regularly and sell for £150-£200.

And they look great IMO.

Being dark in a dark interior you don't look like a refugee from Spaceballs if anyone takes your picture too on the track.

What size are you?

·
Registered
818 Posts
Demon tweeks - have the 2010 certified Arai full and open, with Hans points, at the moment.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Hi

Doing my first track day on the 26th Feb (Donington Park) and will need a helmet, as I'm planning on doing them regularly I think its worth investing in something reasonable to replace my full face jobby which I bought years ago to do any airfield day.

I tried to buy one from the gtroc shop but they appear to be out of stock as I received a refund this morning!

Does anybody have any recommendations, suppliers, type I would like an open faced helmet this time :)

What do people do with regards the track inspections, can this inspection be done by Litchfields or do I have to go to an HPC? Is there an inspection before and after the track day because that's going to be a pain in the arse!

Thanks

Andy
Yep had an order in for a GTR one with the shop and got my refund this morning! Bit peed off as I never got to have one of the original ones, had an order in for the GTR for two years but never got to go on the academy days as they were filled up with guys who had no intention of buying the car but wanted all the free giveaways that were offered. :chairshot Still more fool them they missed out on a spanking motor!

·
Premium Member
7,635 Posts
the academy days as they were filled up with guys who had no intention of buying the car but wanted all the free giveaways that were offered. :chairshot Still more fool them they missed out on a spanking motor!

Many of us were there, and are still here....

·
Registered
818 Posts
Many of us were there, and are still here....
Present company on the GTROC excluded!

Just got a bit narkerd having talked to a few who had done the academy days who had no intention of actually buying the car and had paid a "fully refundable deposit" just to get all the free stuff "Nissan were stupid enough to give away". Their words not mine. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
The Nissan helmet uses the Arai GP Jet F . I bought an Arai for about £600

Anders

·
Registered
496 Posts
Andy they are a small fitting. Nearly everyone i know had to have the next size up.
Are you saying they are small for an Arai or are they the usual Arai fit? I've got an Arai RX7 bike helmet so assume the Arai GTR would be the same fit?

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
Medium, the one on e-bay is a large.
Are you the South East?
Trial fit?

I have a medium and it's perfect.
My head measures a medium and it fits, so it may not be one size up as suggested.

Actually I bought a spare on ebay... :thumbsup:

I've got a Large Bell 7 I bought by mistake (don't ask!). Sure enough, it's slightly larger than the GT-R in medium.

·
Premium Member
1,327 Posts
Are you saying they are small for an Arai or are they the usual Arai fit? I've got an Arai RX7 bike helmet so assume the Arai GTR would be the same fit?
Couldnt compare to other arai's, i just know that on the academy days the amount of people exchanging for a larger size to what they had measured surpassed the people that were happy. Me included, my GT-R Arai was XL yet i wear a large in other brands.

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
I have medium too and it's same size as my old arai bike helmets that were also medium.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts