GTR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ladies and Gents

I've never been on a track day. Anyone got a suggestion as to where a reasonable day is held and when - or basically how I would go about this.

Like say never been on a track day before so something pretty safe/tame/wimpy/custard to begin with will suit best ;)

Indication of costs would be useful too.

Cheers

Chris.

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
Triple C Action day is on this weekend (Saturday 15th) at Castle Combe however I would generally say it would be better to go to an all-Skyline or all-performance track day - you get too many muppets on the track at a free-for-all.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Footy on this weekend

Cheers for that - but shall be watching the mighty England chancing another win!!!

Is there any www's or urls worth looking at?

Chris.

·
Registered
8,531 Posts
For a track virgin in a Skyline, I would say without a shadow of a doubt, make Bedford your first.

The most forgiving circuit in the UK.

Cem

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cheers Cem

Is there a www for bedford or will it be on one of the above ones?

How did you know i was a virgin????

:eek:

Chris

·
Registered
666 Posts
Why not try to make Bedford next Friday 21st.
You should be able to nab a few passenger rides, and I think this is helpful as you get the chance to learn the circuit a little.
Never run Bedford myself yet. Been round in a few cars though.
Definitely the best.

·
Registered
7,613 Posts
JONATHAN PALMER DRIVING EXPERIENCE

Chris,

I've had the pleasure of the Palmer experience (and thats not a digit up the tea towel holder) and I can tell you that Bedford is the place to go in your own car. You have a huge amount of run off space and would have to be very unlucky to mangle your own ride. Check the link below for some general info.

http://www.redletterdays.co.uk/experiences/experience_details.asp?ExpRef=PALDR

I get mailed all the time by Palmer Sport inviting me to private sessions so I'm going to take my car there for a spin( :( ). So if you and TT fancy it then maybe we could all go up there and laugh at each other. Let me know.

Why not get your company to take my lot up there for the day. :D

Cheers

·
Registered
395 Posts
Track day begginers try....

http://www.wheeltorque.net/

If you are lucky you’ll get to be tutored by John Bussel.

Wheeltorque are a bit more expensive than most but you get what you pay for.

Paul.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Howsie (aka Sean),

quote: "Why not get your company to take my lot up there for the day."

!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That wont cost much ! :(

I'm organising a track day visit with some GT Masterclass Race Tuition thrown in (1 on 1 stuff) - circa £225per head all day jobby. Using the GT circuit at Bedford Aerodrome.

G-Force M-Sport have offered to sort out some sessions (they will bring their GT3 Porsche for us to have a ride in too :D )

If you are interested let me know (work email as I dont come here often) ?

Steve.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts