GTR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm currently considering trading up for a TE and wanted to know opinions on the new optional CC brakes? I have had 5 GTR's and have to be honest...don't kick me off the forum...but I have never bothered to track any of them! If that's the case with the new TE, would you bother with the expense of ordering the CC brakes?
I would probably say fast road driving is about all I get up to, and I will be using the car most days, so just not sure whether to bother? Also, think it would probably be in either white or ultimate silver so that the CF boot spoiler stands out nicely...:) Opinions please.

·
Registered
432 Posts
For a daily the main benefit of the CCB would be lack of brake dust.

You may notice the lack of unsprung mass when comparing directly against a steel brake car but I couldn't when I was buying Alcons for mine so went with steel rather than CCB.

A friend with an R8 V10 plus had big stone stuck between his caliper and wheel which caused enough damage to need the disc replaced, this definitely put me off CCB's for road use.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I'm ordering them on my forthcoming TE. Had them on various Porsches, McLaren's and an R8, always been superb

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So...if I can afford them...have them? Is the difference in performance noticeable from just everyday driving?

·
Vendor
1,917 Posts
Track pack is the best model I have owned and always thought they should have come with carbon brakes, think the v spec did come with them.

Not sure what there asking new on the upgrade from factory but I think the surface transform are 10k, a big investment but if you can afford the upgrade then why not.

Should get lighter steering, less weight for suspension to work better, they claim to have 3 times the lifespan on normal discs, should change direction a bit quicker, maybe some other things as well.

Good luck with your choice.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Skint, that's really good info - think I'll be ticking that options box:chuckle: I have a white Prestige atm and it's either white again but it'll look like I've just changed the wheels lol, or ultimate silver...?! Choices choices:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts