GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi hope your well. I wondered if anyone has had a track edition 2019/20 or getting one delivered this year? Of if anyone has test driven one? I have Prestige Model on order. But having thoughts of changing it to the new track edition. Any insight to thoughts about the track edition etc welcome. One concern is that the as a daily driver, ride might be too harsh.

Thanks
H

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi Harry

I have a MY20 TE and love it. I wanted the extra options a TE allows e.g. carbon roof, ceramic brakes etc. It rides really well, totally love it

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I do have another question. To the TE come 570 or 600ps from factor? USA and Asia sites suggest 600ps but UK Nissan says 570ps? Also reason I ask is, if its 600ps, how or what are the Litchfield stages available starting from 600ps. Because the car also uses different turbos right? Thanks in advance. I have dropped Litchfield an email twice now with no avail.

Thanks
Harry

·
Registered
41 Posts
UK Track Edition has 570 PS, I believe it just the North American cars that have 600 PS i.e. the Nismo engine.

Mine has LM800 spec, i.e. Stage 5 plus rods, manifolds and 6758 EFR turbos.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have now changed the order. Storm white, track edition now on its way! I think with this corona situation, build could easily take 3-6 month I reckon ?

·
Premium Member
2,947 Posts
I have a MY18 Track Edition and can confirm that it is night and day compared with a Recaro or Premium edition. The car is assembled in the Nismo factory and has Nismo suspension but with a slightly lower spring rating, bonded chassis (the real massive improvement on standard) and standard turbos (not the GT3 turbos that the 2020 Nismo's have). The car is just planted on track and Jake Hill has been much quicker around known circuits in it than my previous more tuned GT-R's.
I wouldn't hesitate to recommend one over all other models of GT-R as it is virtually like a Nismo but without the cost and frills. Powerwise, Nissan claim 572bhp but it was more when tested. I prefer the driveability of the TE over the Nismo unless you only use it for track.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you again. So the 2020 does have revised GT3 turbos? Or just standard? Im thinking because the chassis and suspension is already so finely tuned, maybe a Litchfield stage 4.25 should help in the mean time. I think its plenty full, until I get greed for power.

·
Registered
145 Posts
The my20 has the revised turbos that first appeared on the anniversary model...not the turbos from the Nismo. I have a my20 TE and absolutely love it, drives and handles better over the standard car imo. Have only changed the y pipe so far, and will probably follow that with a remap from AC Speedtech but that should keep me happy for now.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts