GTR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of us that regularly track the GTR, what mod has made the biggest change to the handling. I am currently on stock suspension and used MP4S tyres on track last summer and whilst the grip is impressive the car definitely understeers.

I am looking into doing the following before we can hopefully get back on track this summer, but would like to do it step by step to see the individual improvements, and was wondering which mod would make the biggest difference.

1. DSC Sports Controller for the OEM suspension. DBA 13 plate car.
2. Eibach anti-roll bars
3. Litchfield road handling kit - seems expensive for what it is
4. Anyone fit stiffer springs on the OEM suspension
5. R888r/AR1 tyres - 285 front / 315 rear

·
Premium Member
3,412 Posts
The anti roll bars seem to make a big difference in improving the handling and also a decent geometry set up with a bit more negative camber helps.

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
For those of us that regularly track the GTR, what mod has made the biggest change to the handling. I am currently on stock suspension and used MP4S tyres on track last summer and whilst the grip is impressive the car definitely understeers.

I am looking into doing the following before we can hopefully get back on track this summer, but would like to do it step by step to see the individual improvements, and was wondering which mod would make the biggest difference.

1. DSC Sports Controller for the OEM suspension. DBA 13 plate car.
2. Eibach anti-roll bars
3. Litchfield road handling kit - seems expensive for what it is
4. Anyone fit stiffer springs on the OEM suspension
5. R888r/AR1 tyres - 285 front / 315 rear
Some suspension bush options for you are:-

Superpro

Powerflex - same as Litchfield

Anti-Roll bars - Whiteline are a good option and I believe are more competitively priced than Eibach.

Eibach offer good anti-roll bars though - their springs are standard fitment on the Tractive shocks that I sell.

Stiffer springs will be a good option for track work, but if you are mixing drag and track My13 are not too bad as a middle ground, but for track work, i would go stiffer.

DSC Sport maps can be adjusted to suit whichever suspension and application you are planning.

·
Vendor
2,898 Posts
Hugh

how did you get on doing a write up on the suspension?

I noticed some lift stuff due out, can you elaborat on that setup pls.

thanks

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Hugh

how did you get on doing a write up on the suspension?

I noticed some lift stuff due out, can you elaborat on that setup pls.

thanks
Skint,

Thanks for reminding me, I need to sort out a write-up on the Tractive suspension.

Picture is of some Tractive suspension that arrived today.

Stunning to look at and reduces the unsprung weight of the suspension by 40%.

Needs DSC Sport to map it for use since they draw more current than standard.

·
Vendor
2,898 Posts
Hugh, if an issue was to arise are you a service agent for them? , carry spares etc?
I think it's fair to say your on hand for technical queries😊

1 - 7 of 7 Posts