GTR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys was just wondering who everyone uses for trackday insurance as i have just booked my first trackday in the GTR for 10th November. I have had a quote on Sky's website and have sent my details off to Moris insurance, anyone else use any good insurers??

Cheers Tim

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
I've always driven without insurance, even in the R35. :runaway:

But then I tend to do sessions with sensible drivers, give people space and build up to a decent speed.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have in the past with my Focus RS but as this is twice the value i thought i'd better get insurance.

It's an open pit lane so not as easy to judge how capable people are at driving.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea i've had a quote off them this evening which was fair, just seeing if anyone else used another company

·
Registered
88 Posts
I got my insurance from Greenlight, very happy with their service. They quoted me track day insurance at £45 per day, any track in the UK apart from Castle Combe. I haven't used it, but that was their price.

·
Registered
88 Posts
That's what I was led to believe too, just giving the facts. After all of the bullshit I got from Flux I'm happy to point out a decent insurance company when I find one. God knows they aren't a common thing.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cheers mate my insurance is up for renewal in March so i'll be going with one that includes track insurance.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I would be interested to know (roughly) how much it would cost for one -off trackday insurance.

I had heard it was roughly 1% of car value and excess was 10%.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I did a quote with yourselves and Moris Insurance beat it by about £50. I haven't took it out as yet as still looking.

Cheers

1 - 14 of 14 Posts