GTR Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mods please move if not in the correct forum.

There is a little debate going on over on the SXOC regardign trackday insurance and what liablility you have should you damage someone elses car and vica versa. I would like you input on the subject please...

Thread: Interesting read concerning liability on trackday and application of Road Traffic Act - SXOC Bulletin Board

Thread on Lotus forum regarding an incident: Lotus Seven Club Forums - Trackday nightmare!

When you go on a trackday do you have insurance?

Would you pay for someone elses car if you damaged it and it had no trackday insurance?

What legal rights and avenues can participants pursue to claim monies back?

I assume that when you sign on one of the conditions you accept is that it is "At Your Own Risk"?

Any comments would be appreciated... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,071 Posts
I dunno about the rest, but if i was a numpty and did something that caused the damage of someones car, id probably be man enough to at least offer what i could, for one it shows you are not trying to weasle out of a situation, and also shows your character in general...but thats me. :p

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ah but where do you draw the line? What happens if you damage a ferrari or total an enzo? I can see your point in offering to pay for repairs to a car that is not worth much but when body panels cost more than 10 times your car then offering what you can will be pointless and possibly insulting.

·
Registered
3,071 Posts
haha THIS is true, hmm well, i spose in that case if you can take insurance id do it, but i think if you own an Enzo or whatnot, im sure they wouldnt be stupid enough NOT to...but yeah, i see your point. haha im sure if someone found it insulting at the offer to at least help to pay, i wouldnt give a toss in the end, how much of a dick can you get away with being acting that way :p people like that as sad sad lonely people i think :p

·
Registered
717 Posts
If your sensible you will have insurance for yourself to cover any possible damaged to your own vehicle.

No i would not pay as thats the risk that everyone takes including yourself when you go for the track day. If evry driver had the cover then there would never be any arguement.

Legal avenues would be nil as the person excepts the risk when they sign on and are advised to take cover.

To make the whole situation better it should be mandatory to have track day insurance then situations as shown in the other threads would not have happened.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts