GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got downpipes on r35 with milltek 90mm system will this be too loud.
if so where can i get exhaust restrictors

·
Premium Member
2,081 Posts
Not sure, but the exhaust silencers that Milltek made, you fixed to the exhaust tips and are ugly as sin.

The Russ fellows exhaust with DPs I have has a small silencer on the Y pipe and a slightly different back box to keep it legal for track

·
Registered
122 Posts
I've got Litchfield stage 4 with 90mm Miltek exhaust but NO downpipes. Static test is usually 92-94 dBA but I don't know how much the downpipes add.

I have an iphone app called Decibel 10th which has proved to be fairly accurate, if you can't get hold of a proper test meter.

I did Croft a couple of weeks ago and it was awesome. There's some in-car footage on YouTube, with a couple of vids of me following a mate in another GTR. Just search under JulesGTR and you'll find them.

·
Premium Member
551 Posts
Stage 4 with Milltek and down pipes I was asked to quieten it down so I bought 4 of the Milltek silencers mentioned earlier.

It just so happens that I no longer need them............

·
Registered
122 Posts
Stage 4 with Milltek and down pipes I was asked to quieten it down so I bought 4 of the Milltek silencers mentioned earlier.

It just so happens that I no longer need them............
Do you know how noisy you were without the silencers Zed? Might get my downpipes done but want to stay track friendly.

·
Registered
4,494 Posts
Milltek ypipe and downpipes with standard rear section was 106db on Silverstone driveby. I have since had a silenced ypipe fitted, but not been tested on track since.

·
Premium Member
551 Posts
Do you know how noisy you were without the silencers Zed? Might get my downpipes done but want to stay track friendly.
No I don't sorry but their limit was 105db and I would guess it would at least be the more than Grahams with the std rear section.

·
Premium Member
783 Posts
I had my GTC Titanium + Russ Fellows downpipes measured and it was under 100db static. I think it was 98 but I can't quite remember.

·
Premium Member
551 Posts
We checked a few when I do the noise checks at TOTB and they were all over the place!
They might be ok at the lower end of the scale but not around the 100db mark.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Im stage 4 with a GTC Titanium full system & Russ Fellows downpipes measured at 104db static. At TOTB.
I cant remember what revs I held it at.

·
Administrator
31,759 Posts
There's some in-car footage on YouTube, with a couple of vids of me following a mate in another GTR. Just search under JulesGTR and you'll find them.
Just saw this. My mate was in the Metro, well chuffed with your footage lol

·
Premium Member
341 Posts
Im stage 4 with a GTC Titanium full system & Russ Fellows downpipes measured at 104db static. At TOTB.
I cant remember what revs I held it at.
Was that 80, 90 or 102 mm Paul? I'm seriously considering 90mmGTC Titan to go with my stage 4 with RF down pipes so any feedback appreciated.

·
Vendor
1,691 Posts
I have stage 4 with downpipes (SVM 650r) and had a gtc 90mm Titan. Was a great sound but it did get me worried about the neighbours on early mornings so changed it for a 102mm SVM which took the edge of the DB's. What's also great about downpipes and intakes on this is the induction and turbo whistle which comes from it. Not just the exhaust. On full chat with windows down, there is nothing like it :) can't see it ever getting on a track though.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts