GTR Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a set of R888's for my R33 GTR in 255/40 R17. I am doing the trackday at Bedford on Saturday, August 29th. I am looking for a starting point on tire pressures. I put in 32psi all around, as that was what my road-going Eagle F1's were set at. But that appears too high, as there is not full contact across the face of the tire. Can someone provide some informed opinion?

R33 GTR
Tein coilover suspension
Fairly stock engine
decat exhaust
r888s on OEM Nissan wheels 17x9"

Thanks

·
Registered
6,630 Posts
I was told under good authority 32 in the back and 30 in the front, then do a couple of laps and come in and adjust your pressures as they will raise rapidly on track.

·
Premium Member
7,804 Posts
I tend to run mine at 31.5 on the road. On the track I raise my (DZ02's) to about 35 psi and then after a run, check them and make sure they are all the same. I did drop them about 3 psi last week at Elvington as grip was not good as the track was dirty and bumpy (bottom end of runway).

·
Registered
156 Posts
Im confused? Do you raise or lower the pressures when u go on track??

I would have thought that you would need to lower the pressures on track as with the extra temp the pressure will go sky high. Please could someone advise? I currently run 255/35/18 eagle f1s at approx 30psi cold for the road?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Ive been told to raise them to 34-35 psi and then monitor the pressures to keep them at 34-35 through out the track time,but what i dont understand is why raise them in the first place.Surely the warm up laps will bring the pressures up anyway.? Does 34-35 sound right to you guys?

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
I ran mine at 38 hot all round, based on tyre temp probe readings, but the car is a GTS-t and a lot lighter than a GTR. I found them an awful tyre, with far too soft a compound, and switched back to P Zero Corsas and Pilot Sport Cups as soon as they (quickly) wore out. They like plenty of negative to work, especially as your suspension will be very soft for track work, giving plenty of roll. maybe 4 degrees fron, 2 to 2.5 rear.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, I ran a warm/hot (in the pits after a session) of right about 35psi. I started them at 32psi semi-cold. I ended up scrubbing the tires right to the tips of the arrows on the sidewalls. So that worked out about perfectly.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts