GTR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of mine who just did the Nissan Track day last week tells me that
they are inviting back the winners of the track days to compete in a potential Nissan Motorsport Drive.

Is this right? and I did win my day, will they contact me or should I ring them?
Or is he pulling my leg!

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
I won my Trackday too,last September.....but i dont think they will invite me anywhere:D

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
I am awaiting a response from my HPC who spoke to "Head of uk product" last week in my prescence - it is true that winners this year are being invited back but am awaiting a reply regarding last years so will post when I get a reply.

Another PR ****-up for those with original orders!

D

·
Registered
4,906 Posts
We've already got 5 R35's tracking at Anglesey in November

Would be good to see you track gods there as well:D

·
Registered
91 Posts
From what I understand, the three fastest drivers from each day from all the NRA days get invited back to Silverstone.Then then get wittled down through a series of on and off track tests and then the eventual winner gets a whole seasons drive in the dunlop SportsMaxx cup in a 370z. Pretty awesome prize, and Nissan do stick to their word, just look at what they've done with Lucas Ordonez (the Spanish bloke who took you out in the silver 350z)

·
Registered
46 Posts
From what I understand, the three fastest drivers from each day from all the NRA days get invited back to Silverstone.Then then get wittled down through a series of on and off track tests and then the eventual winner gets a whole seasons drive in the dunlop SportsMaxx cup in a 370z. Pretty awesome prize, and Nissan do stick to their word, just look at what they've done with Lucas Ordonez (the Spanish bloke who took you out in the silver 350z)
Yes, This guy, top bloke-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yv5F0c-3tvA

Unfortunately I was not invited back as I 'Just missed' 3rd spot...I didnt want it anyway..

·
Registered
46 Posts
When I went they had the top 3 on the podium at the end of the day and then took their details for the call back.

I assume they sorted out the dates on the day to come back, but I suggest you put a thread out asking previous winners what the deal is as I am not sure..I cant imagine you will have to instigate anything yourself.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
i came second in my Race Academy in Sept last year, would be nice to getinvited back, if not well at least those who also went last year got the Arai GTR helmet!

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
so have others already been invited back then??
In germany nobody was invited.....they told me: As a winner you will get to the next round.....

Think the only place Nissan would like to invite me is Guantanamo;)

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
got a message from my HPC this morning.

The invite is for 2009 winners only.

2008 winners are not invited...nice

·
Registered
26 Posts
I am mildy amused at some atiitudes to this, namely, I won last year - where's my invite for this year?

I went to RA this year (last year I was invited, as I've had my deposit down since day one, but I spent my summer overseas).
I had the chance to 'win' a place in the next round etc and left with a nice Nissan jacket (and 5th place on the day).

I didn't leave with an Arai GT-R helmet.

Life's not fair - we are buying cars, you pay money, you get a car. Anything else, jackets, helmets etc is a bonus. Rant over - apologies.:runaway:

·
Premium Member
8,829 Posts
Yup, it's true

1 - 16 of 16 Posts