GTR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
TrackScotland are running a trackday on 6th February 2010. see trackscotland.co.uk :: View topic - TrackScotland Knockhill Trackday - Saturday 6th Feb 2010

It will be run from 11am to 3pm.

* Open Pit lane with passing on the left (on straights) only.
* £75 per CAR, extra drivers are Free.
* The sessions will be fully marshaled by Knockhill staff, with any dangerous driving black flagged.
* Helmets are compulsory, but can be hired on site.

Tickets can be ordered via
Track Scotland Shop

We will organise an instructor for the day. He/She can be used by any of the drivers free of charge!

The Online Booking uses PayPal, so you can use Credit/Debit Cards or Bank Transfers.. Whichever you setup in your PayPal. If you would prefer not to use PayPal, cheques will be fine. Email for details. [email protected]

Book early to avoid missing out please!!

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to get in touch :)

[email protected]
[email protected]

Some sample pics from previous event. Click thumbnails for fullsize images.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Is this an open invitation. i.e. will the majority of the vehicles be £3,000, 600 bhp Corsa's or is it limited to vehicles valued at £15k and over like the Top Marque's track day, I see there is a TM track day available at KH on 7th Feb for £100.

·
Registered
4,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its very much a Top Marques style event BUT I'm not prepared to impose financial limits on participants. In my opinion money doesnt buy brains/ability/talent.

Scotty had his R35 on at the last one in 2009 (maybe have a word with him if you have concerns)... its normally booked with Elises, Evo's and Imprezas. 1 regular has a corsa, but I think its wrong to hold it against him.

Safe to say its not full of the Hot Hatch crowd. :)

·
Registered
290 Posts
Yip you have answered my concerns, I agree with your comment on ability talent etc. Likewise I am sure you appreciate my concerns. Looking for a good day with people who know how to behave on track, that is all. I am not sure if I will be at home on the 6th depending on schedule, I'll be in touch.

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
I can't comment on these events but I am sure Adam is right in his statement on these events. Obviously there are also our own events (which don't attract the cheapo novice boy race types) and the dates for most of these have been published already in the Members Section in the Events area

·
Registered
94 Posts
Hoping to have at least one (possibly both) the Skylines ready to bring to this. Will book once we are sure (if there are any spaces left)

·
Registered
4,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Executive Club Member
99 Posts
Track Day

Hi Adam,
Sorry mate cannot make it - have other things organised!
But look forward to another day this year!
Do have a good day!
Kindest regards
VeeDeeCee1
Ray

PS. Very nice to see you both at Cleethorpes last year!

·
GTR Register Member
268 Posts
Hi Adam,

I am interested in this mate but will be a first for me on track, I will need to hire a helmet and get Marc @ the garage to give the car the once over.
I would certainly appreciate any advice.

Thanks

D

·
Registered
4,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If its your first time just make sure you have decent material left on the pads, all the fluids are on the level etc.

You wont be pushing that hard (to start with anyway) so it shouldnt be too stressfull on the car, so I wouldnt worry about it.

Advice - Listen in the briefing, let faster (not just faster in a straight line) cars by on the straights, and keep an eye on your mirrors..... and, er... have fun :D

Helmets are free I think, just a deposit to pay.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Sorry fellows, I can't make this one. Good looking one has convinced me to go with here to Old Trafford that day. Hopefully next time.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts