GTR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone recommend a good traction contol?, the one I have been looking at is the Racelogic unit (full system) with the launch control and datalogging.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thats why you can turn it off:D, also the race logic one has launch control, so if the sittuation arrose in a drag race, you just plant the throttle an go.;)

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Why don't you install a Motec ADL + M800 ECU, there's options like launch control, traction control, etc.

It's nice that all these Jap companies have all these seperate little electronic gadgets, however if I look at your requirements you want something professional not all these separate add-ons. Just makes the car less reliable.

See also www.motec.com.au for more details.

André.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Racelogic aren't a Jap company, they're based in Buckinghamshire, England.

If you're willing to throw HUGE amounts of cash to someone for a Motec ECU, then go for it. I enquired about one and was told that I'd have to have someone remove the engine, transport it to the tuner, have some sort of housing made to hold the engine on the dyno unit, cough up about £1000 for Motec to make a wiring loom for the car, the ECU itself @ around £1500 - £2000, then it would take 3 days approx @ about £500+VAT per day + Fuel, then get the engine back to whoever took it out and have it put back. SHITE loads of cash. Whilst I don't deny the quality of the product and the method of mapping the ECU on an engine dyno rather than a rolling road, it's way more than something like the Power FC, which is my fave way forward.

Simon, I have the Racelogic Pro system installed and have to say that it is by far the best mod I've done to the car as it makes it so much more drivable. I won't even begin to claim I'm a good driver, let alone Schuey or the like, so having the TC gives me the confidence to push the car as far as I want to in any situation and any weather conditions. BUT, please remember, I've got a 200sx which is rear wheel drive.

The best thing about the Pro system is, as you say, the Launch Control and I also have the Full throttle shift too, which is great for the strip.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
I've never said it was cheap:p but it's good which you don't deny..
In general there's two ways to get your ECU programmed (irrespective of the fact wether it's a Motec, PowerFC or some other programmable ECU): a) with the engine inside the car or b) with the engine on an engine stand. Both methods have their own pro's and con's. In both cases you try to simulate the real world.
The point I make, is that if you want to invest a sh*tload of money into an engine, you need to do the same with the whole car. It's the package which makes it all work.

André.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
So how much is a basic traction control system then. I only ask as I have a GTS with no TC and would like some for when I get the car tuned.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Its about £450 for the stock kit...bit more for Launch Control.

www.torqueic.com supply them at a good price. Justin @ torqueic usually buys a load at once for a discounted price...

Also I know of someone who's made his own windows based app to adjust the set up as the base map is easily supassed...but DOS is anasty medium to work in.

Cheers

Alex H

1 - 11 of 11 Posts