GTR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Most would not bother as the Skyline GTR is 4wd, but we have seen they they can still generate wheel spin in adverse conditions and even in the dry. I am considering a Racelogic device which would help out on track. Yes it takes away from the drivers right foot, but I have driven enough high powered cars with out TC so I am not whimping out.

Good idea or bad idea?

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
Bad idea. Band aid for insufficient rubber/wheel size/poor setup IMHO.

The GT-R as you pointed out has a form of traction control already which can be improved with aftermarket controllers.

Cheers

Stu
Agreed, you don't need it. Just get a decent aftermarket torque controller to fiddle with the setting to suit you. If you want TC buy a 35.

·
Premium Member
1,855 Posts
if you ran a syvecs you could run an input off your wheel speed sensors, & set it up like that at very little cost....
it could be a very neat little set up, a few of the tuners do this.. its a very advanced system from what ive seen..

Regards Rich

·
Banned
1,032 Posts
Skylab fusion has transformed mine, doesn't light up all four in the wet anywhere near as much as it used to, feels a lot more planted.

·
Registered
9,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have been offered one really cheap with LC and digital adjustment of slip. Might still buy it and use it on my race car. I only have the old version of Andy's 4wd controller. Might look at the Do Luck Tarzan box for the R32.

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
Skylab fusion has transformed mine, doesn't light up all four in the wet anywhere near as much as it used to, feels a lot more planted.
How does it do that? it can only add more front wheel drive, so if all 4 wheels are spinning how can it possibly help?

Do you mean 2 wheels?

I have a skylab control box and actually find the car drives best with it turned off. I am also now driving the car regulary in the wet, with 400bhp in the wet I wouldn't change a thing.

I also see no need for traction control at this power level

·
Registered
9,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well I am going to do back to back tests when I take the car out on track. If it works and gives me some benefit fine it stays, if it does not then I will transfer it to another car.

·
Banned
1,032 Posts
It is because the g-sensor is faster to react, with out it the rear wheels used to start to break traction then the fronts would follow. Haven't got a clue how it works, ask r32 combat! The under steer is the most noticeable improvement to me.

How does it do that? it can only add more front wheel drive, so if all 4 wheels are spinning how can it possibly help?

Do you mean 2 wheels?

I have a skylab control box and actually find the car drives best with it turned off. I am also now driving the car regulary in the wet, with 400bhp in the wet I wouldn't change a thing.

I also see no need for traction control at this power level

·
Registered
9,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just to add, the last time out on track using semis pushing the on hard out of corners I was getting the tail sliding out my car is around 450bhp at the moment. Setting the slip angle at about 10-15% I think I can punch out of corners faster with out a doubt. I will see how it goes and buy a Tarzan box also. Would be fun trying! :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts