GTR Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gents need a bit of assistance please.

Looking to trade my GTR in but I'm struggling to find a fair price for the car. It's a Black MY11 Premium Edition but it was registered in 2012 (12 Reg Car). It has done 9.000 miles and has a reverse camera, y-pipe and protective film on the wings and bumper. Fully serviced by a NHPC and in pretty good condition overall. Only point of negotiation could be that it might need front tyres soonish.

What are peoples thoughts on a fair trade in value?

Thanks

·
Registered
760 Posts
If you want a fair price sell it privately. Advertise it on here and see how you get on. Not sure what price would be right but look through the for sale section on here and you should be able to work it out.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
To be honest I can't be doing with the hassle of test pilots and having to clean the car etc everytime a potential buyer pops up. Plus I don't have a lot of time before the next car turns up so I'm willing to sacrifice price for convenience and speed.

I've checked the classifieds (here, PH, Autotrader and Topmarques) but what I am struggling with is that the car is a MY11 registered in 2012. I have only found 1 such car in about 4 weeks of looking.

Any suggestions of trade in price gents?

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Depends whether it's a straight trade up or a trade in, if trade in for something more expensive you can usually command a price as good as private.

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
£45k I expect.
You might get £5k more selling privately even though I know you don't want the hassle.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I reckon they'll offer 42-45.
The guides all suggest this being the right price range for a BE with mileage adjusted on a largely unmodified car. On a trade in you'd expect to get £42K and so a private sale maybe something towards £46K.

If you're just going to dump it on a dealer then they'll only ever give you the trade-in value, if you're lucky, considering they've got nothing else to offset it against on another vehicle. Anything under £41K and you're getting your pants pulled down, but you might just have to suck it up if you're in a hurry.

That said, prices for used R35 do seem to be pretty solid at the moment, but the idea that you'd get anything toward £50K is extremely unlikely. I've been tracking prices since xmas time across all specs on cars upto MY2011 and I've just secured my car that I'm collecting in two weeks time - a MY2010 Black, under 20K miles with stage 2 + extras for a little over £41K, and I've had a wide range of cars to choose from and they've all been in that ballpark.

Phil

·
Banned
3,066 Posts
Dont compared the price of a CBA pre 2011 car to a post 2011 DBA car.

Prices between then are exponential and not linear. They are a different car

If you can get a 2012 GTR with 8k on for 46k, let me know, because I know a few people that will snap them up.

..............and I thought Rainman was meant to be good with numbers

·
Registered
125 Posts
Dont compared the price of a CBA pre 2011 car to a post 2011 DBA car.

Prices between then are exponential and not linear. They are a different car

If you can get a 2012 GTR with 8k on for 46k, let me know, because I know a few people that will snap them up.

..............and I thought Rainman was meant to be good with numbers
I agree. The guide prices I'm looking at ARE for a MY2011 BE, which is what Adam also implied.

I was just illustrating the robustness of GT-R prices and used an older car as example because the guide prices were actually lower than what I had to pay - so apologies if that confused you. I wasn't making a comparison between pre and post 2011 and I thought folks on here would know that and so I decided not to labour the point. But yeah I'd take a MY2012 for that money without thinking twice about it ... except we're not talking about MY2012 because that's not what's for sale here.

Phil

·
Registered
9,091 Posts
who died? Rainman or Dustin Hoffman? one was a fictional character and the other is the living actor who played him so I'm confused.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Gents need a bit of assistance please.

Looking to trade my GTR in but I'm struggling to find a fair price for the car. It's a Black MY11 Premium Edition but it was registered in 2012 (12 Reg Car). It has done 9.000 miles and has a reverse camera, y-pipe and protective film on the wings and bumper. Fully serviced by a NHPC and in pretty good condition overall. Only point of negotiation could be that it might need front tyres soonish.

What are peoples thoughts on a fair trade in value?

Thanks
Put the reg and mileage into autotrader and it will give you suggested retail and trade prices.

Or PM me with reg and I will do it for you.

Satan

1 - 17 of 17 Posts