GTR Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Does anyone have experience of putting an R35 on a trailer without accidentally removing chunks of bodywork? Which types of trailers work and which don't?

I go to Italy for a week or two at a time and want to use the GT-R there but I don't want it to clock up all the miles driving there and back.

Thanks

Paul

·
Premium Member
1,550 Posts
Take the train from Netherlands down to Italy???

·
Premium Member
2,027 Posts
I looked into these a few months ago, a Brian James A4 5m transported (open flatbed).
You'll need a quite long and wide trailer, as being 1.8m wide and approx 4.7m long. Also the weight of the gtr too..
The width is the big issue, as you'd want something that clears the wheels comfortably.

BTW, driving over to Italy can be LOTS of fun!! stop off on route in germany... :)

·
Registered
342 Posts
I recently had mine sent to Litchfield on a trailer and the guy tore a brake line off the chassis after catching it with the wheel strap.

·
Premium Member
3,523 Posts
Tin and I fetched his car back from Spa in a Brian James Shuttle, it was a very tight fit!

·
Premium Member
1,416 Posts
your car will easily fit in a Brian James race shuttle if you get the right one ,they make all different width and lengths a road r35 is not difficult to move ,its just most people try to move them on trailers not designed for wide or low cars , my car fits in one and it a lot wider than a road car and as low as your ever going to get .

·
Registered
924 Posts
Take the train from Netherlands down to Italy???
What's the cost of that? Sounds like a good plan that.

The drive from Wrexham to the Chunnel is a real ballache and likely to get you more points than all the rest of the year round here.

The return leg is just the worst.

Satan

·
Premium Member
1,550 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
your car will easily fit in a Brian James race shuttle if you get the right one ,they make all different width and lengths a road r35 is not difficult to move ,its just most people try to move them on trailers not designed for wide or low cars , my car fits in one and it a lot wider than a road car and as low as your ever going to get .
How much are those, and could I purchase one through my company and reclaim VAT

·
Premium Member
8,835 Posts
I recently had mine sent to Litchfield on a trailer and the guy tore a brake line off the chassis after catching it with the wheel strap.
Wow that's a bummer = give me a shout ol chap :wavey:

·
Premium Member
1,416 Posts
Truth there should be no problem putting it through your business ,but obviously that's relevant to what your business is , you can always go down to the Brian James factory and discuss build options or go to a local dealer ,as there are many different options to suit your needs ,the down side is there not cheap but they are the best trailer on the market in my opinion

1 - 11 of 11 Posts