GTR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My GTR is terrible for tramlining on white lines, surface joined tarmac and so on,
I have bridgestones std on the front, Sometimes its real bad on rough country lanes,
Is this something that we have to put up with:confused:
Its been set up on the service but still steers about on white lines ect.
Do you have the same problem ?

Graham

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Yep, I'm on Bridge's too. I could be wrong, but I don't recall noticing it as much when I was on Dunlops. Just have to wrestle with it a bit more now..

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
Mine seems fine, hardly notice any tramlining at all.
But I am on Dunlops at 29psi, don't know if it does make a difference.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Its all part of the fun of having such a large rubber footprint. Mine got worse as the tyre had less and less tread. Suitable settings changed on the geometry will help if you can be bothered with the hassle and expense or wait till the next optimisation

·
Registered
4,906 Posts
Its all part of the fun of having such a large rubber footprint. Mine got worse as the tyre had less and less tread. Suitable settings changed on the geometry will help if you can be bothered with the hassle and expense or wait till the next optimisation
see you can't stay away buddy; won't be long before you are back in an R:)

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
see you can't stay away buddy; won't be long before you are back in an R:)
Just cant tear myself away from all you really cool guys :chuckle: and watch the " wheel of obvious questions " go round and round :chuckle: Not aimed at this OP.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I had dunlops before the brigies and same problem ,at 100 plus can be a bit of a shock at what you are feeling as car is normally so solid on the road.

·
Registered
167 Posts
My GTR is terrible for tramlining on white lines, surface joined tarmac and so on,
I have bridgestones std on the front, Sometimes its real bad on rough country lanes,
Is this something that we have to put up with:confused:
Its been set up on the service but still steers about on white lines ect.
Do you have the same problem ?

Graham
Can't comment on Bridgestones but yes mine tramlines on Dunlops , especially when they are cold .

It will vary according to the make of tyres but you do kind of get used to it and I understand it's a characteristic of run flats .

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
It's a characteristic of having a very wide track, and wide tyres, and negative camber. I love it. It's like the car saying "hey buddy, pay attention or I'll f-in kill ya!" lol

·
Registered
632 Posts
I didn't have any problems on my car with either the Dunlop originals or my Bridgie replacements. If anything they may have been more on the Dunlops as they got worn down.

Mind you, my car is set up for least agressive setting as I don't track it.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Cold weather and tyre wear seem to exacerbate the problem massively. So if you want rid of it without messing around with suspension geometry (which may have other potentially undesirable effects) either stick a fresh set of summer rubber on it or stick winter tyres on it and keep your summer bridgies for the warmer weather. I was on almost shagged bridgies until November and it got really bad, then switched to blizzaks and its completely gone - the nice big fat soft treadblocks see to that. Ride is way way better on the blizzaks too (although obviously dry weather grip and traction are compromised a bit).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts