GTR Forum banner

Tramlining

1K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  skyline69_uk 
#1 ·
:smokin: my R33GTR has tein Hr coilovers and has 255/45/17 tyres on it, when driving on certain shite roads, i.e motorways or some back lanes the car tramlines alot and is always trying to pull the car in different directions, it really annoys me as it takes away some of the driving pleasure that i used to get when i had original dampers and springs, has any1 got any idea what it could be? tracking or worn bushed? i have not idea and was wondering wether this is common on the skylines once you change over to coilovers?

#3 ·
im sure there must be an uprated kit like tie rod end etc that eliminate it or something at least, i do spend most of my time in the fast lane but also i do alot of back road driving and any ruts or camber in the road and its got a mind of its on, im putting 275 35 17 tyres on next, hope they dont make the issue worse

#6 ·
totally agree. ive done this with cars in the past and it helps a lot.

also.........

when i first bought my car it tramlined like a b4st4rd. it had 255/35/18s on it which i had to give back to the guy ibought it from. i put some 235/45/17s on and it was transformed. no more tramlining and a far nicer ride.:bowdown1: :bowdown1: try some narrower tyres maybe????????

#14 ·
Bringing the wheel width down will help a lot as will choosing the right tyre, getting the alignment right and having all suspension parts working correctly. The tyres are probably the most likely cause and the R32 appears to tramline more than the R33 and R34s.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.