GTR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is it possible to remove the gearstick etc to look inside the transfer case?

The reason I ask is my 4wd is not operating as it should..with all 4 wheels off the ground and the car in gear..the rears and the fronts spin..but the fronts can be stopped with your foot.. I got a very nasty jumpy judder type thing coming from what seemed like the passenger centre area and the am guessing the plates might have gone..or maybe I've lost all my teeth off of something?

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Sounds like the clutch packs are gone... although it might only be low on attessa fluid and/or have air in the system and need a bleed.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There's no air in the system.. Need to check the pump pressure.. But I think you could be right. How hard is it to remove the Case??

·
Premium Member
2,705 Posts
Your clutch pack will have an automatic preload on it so it's normal to have the front wheels spin off the ground which are easy to stop.

A good way to check if your pack is worn is find somewhere you can launch the car and see if you leave 4 black lines lol or it's box out tranfercase off and strip down the pack not a 5 min job.

Neil

·
Premium Member
2,705 Posts
Then your clutch pack has gone. The front wheels will still spin though under a light load even if it completely worn.

Have you checked your transfer case fluid?

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
fluid looks fine, pump primes ... the judder experience makes me think something went..how long a job would the clutchpacks be then...roughly??

·
Premium Member
2,705 Posts
Don't know how long the pro's would take but as a rough guid 4 to 8 hours.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
do you need to drop the whole box or can you just puu the transfer case?

also..anyone know where I can get a new clutch pack..or a repair kit??

·
Premium Member
2,705 Posts
If your going to take the tranfer case a part have a look a the workshop manuel as it shows you how to take it apart you'll need the use of a puller and press to do the job.

·
Premium Member
2,705 Posts
I'll be removing the plates out of a 32gt4 auto box soon which are the same as the gtr ones if your interested and the plates are in good condition i'll let you know.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts