GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondered what the translation of the words below is.

Thanks in advance.

Peter.

Attachments

·
Registered
9,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tony,

It's from the instruction manual for the Apexi Power FC.

Ta anyway.

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
Peter,

A bigger picture would be better, but it looks like it should point to a memory for settings or data. It may be NVRAM or not coz I can't see what it points to.

Shin must be the man who knows though.....

·
Registered
322 Posts
its not Japanese its sign language ....

Anyone can read it it says .. " young girl with pert breasts & mini skirt looking for large large intercooler or it might be a radiator"

Weston:smokin:

·
Registered
961 Posts
LOL

its like looking at clouds to me!

·
Registered
9,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks very much Jeff and Bean, that all makes perfect sense.

Peter.

·
Registered
9,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Shin.

Here's the full picture. I'm still intrigued as to what that value actually represents. I realise that the PFC is self learning and that value changes once the PFC has 'learnt'. It starts off at 255 and reduces down a varying value normally around 40 or 50?

Thanks.

Peter.

Attachments

·
Registered
193 Posts
Another APEXi translation

Hello all japanese reading friends,

I also have a small problem with my APEXi manual. On page 44 there is some description of the parameters O2 F/B Contrl. and O2 Sensor Reg. that I need some help with. A picture below contains the text I would like to understand.

Anyone that can help ?

What I would like is an explanation on under what circumstances the two parameters should be set to ON or OFF respectively to get troublefree function of the APEXi PFC on my R32 GTR.

I believe that the O2 F/B Contrl. parameter is for selecting the Closed-loop function (i.e. Lambda sensors controlling fuel mixture for Catalyst use) ON or OFF.. (Engine is normally used de-Cat. For M.O.T:s Catalyst is refitted..).
But I have no ideas about what the O2 Sensor Reg. is used for.. Please someone give me a hint..

TIA
Lars Borbos
Sweden

·
Registered
9,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks Ish but they don't list the PFC. They used to have it on there for the RX7 but not the Skyline version.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Bit off thread....

Sorry Peter, I'm jumping in on your thread.

Will a R32 Apexi PFC fit a R33 ?.

If you have a scanner Peter, scan it in and convert it to a text file, then cut / paste the writing into something like Babel Fish.

Jason.

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
O2 Sensor

Lars,

If nobody has already told you.....

O2 F/B Control says - O2 Feedback Control Configuration.
Set to [None] when O2 sensor is broken.

O2 Sensor Reg. says - For BNR32 please set to [On]

I hope this helps

·
Registered
193 Posts
Bean:
Many Thanxx.. for this help :)

O2 F/B use is explained, O2 Sensor Reg setting "ON" adviced.
Will activate this setting when appropriate. Anyone else that has an explanation on what effect this second parameter has on the PFC function.

jrpidgeon:
Same APEXi Power FC model is for R32 as well as R33.

// Lars

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
You might also consider using the Lambda OFF when programming the ignition and fuel maps to the correct settings. This has the benefit of disabling the closed loop Lambda/fuel control from interfering with your set-up.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Hugh Keir said:
You might also consider using the Lambda OFF when programming the ignition and fuel maps to the correct settings. This has the benefit of disabling the closed loop Lambda/fuel control from interfering with your set-up.
Thanxx for this info.. Hugh (I will PM you a similar msg. I hope this is OK..)

Sorry for my ignorance..
Lambda Off - Is this the same as setting the O2 F/B to Off setting? .. and has the O2 Sensor Reg -setting any influence on what you describe also?
I haven´t got a clue what effect this setting (Sensor Reg.) has on the system. HELP !!

Running the engine constantly with O2 F/B in OFF setting will be possible when catalyst is removed.. without any problems.. Right ?

As what I (believe) understand is that the F/B setting activate the use of Lambda (O2)-sensors for keeping the air/fuel mixture within the catalyst working range, during conditions this is applicable on.. (low engine load, decellerating etc).

If no catalyst is in place, there is actually no requirement for this feedback of air/fuel mixture. But if I have a catalyst fitted without active feedback it will result in degraded/loss of exhaust purification function in the future.

Perhaps an active sensor feedback will have the effect of reducing fuel consumption as well, during low load circumstances (NO cat. used). - Or does this give the exact opposite effect ? Someone who can tell.. please do so.

Regards
//Lars

·
Registered
7,274 Posts
PeterE said:
Thanks Ish but they don't list the PFC. They used to have it on there for the RX7 but not the Skyline version.

STOP PRESS

APEXi-USA now have the PFC manual available in .pdf format from their documentation section, it is the Honda Civic / Integra version but will help you translate most of the Skyline version.

·
Registered
9,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks Jason but it's only for the PFC not the Commander which contains all the info. on settings. :(

1 - 20 of 20 Posts