GTR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally took the R33 GTR out to the 1/4 track for some testing. I was running about 30psi of boost and bogging on the start badly. Unfortunately my tuner did not come with me to help the car get of the start better. After a few passes and getting closer to getting some boost built off the line. I got a little frustrated and shifted more aggressively then I should have into third gear. Ended up breaking 3rd gear and only 4th gear was left to get the car back to the pit area. I had a old used OS Giken 1-4 gear set, billet input shaft and sandwich plate. I am thinking about ordering a new set but I am unsure if I will just smash it again at my next outing. The car was making around 850awhp and still has a lot more room left with more boost and nitro. I ran a best pass off 11.9 @ 137mph with a 2.4 60ft. I would like to keep a lower budget in mind and keep the car stick shift if its possible. What are my options and prices, thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Looks like I too have also busted my OS set. Bent or busted a tooth in second gear.

I have been in contact with PPG and a group of mates are flying down to drive on of their dogsets in a GTR. I have also asked of a straight cut 1,2,3 and helical 5th synchro set. I am currently waiting on pricing so that may be an option?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks like I too have also busted my OS set. Bent or busted a tooth in second gear.

I have been in contact with PPG and a group of mates are flying down to drive on of their dogsets in a GTR. I have also asked of a straight cut 1,2,3 and helical 5th synchro set. I am currently waiting on pricing so that may be an option?
That could very well do the trick, please keep me updated. Maybe they could help us out if we both buy a set.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts