GTR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could do with some advice here chaps. I have a cobb for my car so am well versed in gear learns and touchpoint adjustments but nothing seems to cure what is going on with my GTR.

at temp or cold and on any slope or flat ground when I put my GTR in 1st or Reverse I get a noise from the gearbox which can only be described as a bag of spanners combined with a vibration through the car.

Changing gear perfect, not grinding, no crunches, just perfect....

except when stationary and in 1st or reverse....

time for a different TCM map?

any suggestions? I have done a search and can find two posts neither of which are similar.

Alex

·
Premium Member
1,958 Posts
It could be the bell housing rattle? Is it still under warranty? Nhpc could take alook as it's a known issue.

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bell housing was just changed by SVM to their upgraded version.... I sounds like all the clutch plates are rattling together but I am beginning to think its actually the bellhousing again... back at SVM on Tuesday and Amar and Kevin were very courteous and accommodating with getting it straight back in.

just hoped to save myself a 300 mile round trip by seeing if it was something easy.

changed the TCM map to all different types and done a gearbox learn 10 times. It makes no difference.

back to the experts I guess.

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
Strange....mine does get a bit rattly (and my Bellhousing is on the way out) every now and again but a relearn normally takes that element away just to leave me with a rattle from the housing. Sure the guys will get it sorted out.

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Went from LC4 to LC5 back to LC4 and thought I ha cracked it.... But no :(

Now I can hear the rattle when revving it in neutral.

Something mechanical is not right. It's not a software config thing.

Brand new uprated bell-housing too :(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts