GTR Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Opinions please guys. Which is the better design of transmission oil sump. I'm going to order 1 in the next couple of days and wondered what you opinion was on both as in which would be best for my car. I have a 59 plate stage 4 with downpipes. I'm doing some gearbox mods and thought I'd replace to oil pan as well.

Cheers
John

·
Premium Member
2,027 Posts
I've got the HKS fitted along with the transmission cooler, direct fitment and good quality workmanship.. shame its covered by the cf undertray..

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
both are very good, too hard to make a fav. some shops prefer one over the other. the temps are very close to one another. i know there are some other tips that might sway to one product vs the other but i cant look it up atm. regardless u cant go wrong with either.

ams also has one, it has a stage1 and stage2... if you want the best go with the ams stage 2 as it keeps your whole system cool, not just the trans (if your racing you may need this, if not it may be overkill).

·
Registered
585 Posts
If I remember correct Greddy have the newer design of the baffels in the sump I don't know how big diff there are to be honest. Buy where you can get the best deal JM will probably give you a great deal :) he seems eager to sell ....

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm going to go HKS I think. JM are sorting me some other Dodson parts for the box too and I'll be doing the work on 1 of there ramps anyways.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts