GTR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Drove my my11 r35 for 260 miles without any problems at all. Parked it overnight at a hotel. Next morning it would not start, kept telling me to put my foot on the brake but my foot was on the brake. It eventually started then got message- T/M SYSTEM MALFUNCTION VISIT DEALER. also got flashing orange driveline icon on dash. Also got an orange key icon on the dash. Car seemed to drive ok and gear selection was ok. Car went by RAC to dealer. Its there now for diagnosis but they have not found anything yet.
Anyone had this problem? Any ideas as to what it might be? Thanks

·
Vendor
480 Posts
I can think of a few scenarios, but a competent hpc will sort it, still under warranty? If not, post the trouble codes and their diag and see if anyone can shed any more light on it for you :)

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
I had the same issue once. but re-started the car and it went away. it never came back either, which was very strange... hope its the same for you.

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Sorry to hear that mate. As Nick said hopefully something very simple. It's in safe hands so finger crossed for the result fella.

I had similar issue earlier this year and a solenoid clean solved it. Didn't have the starting issue though. Let's us know the result mate.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys, yes in capable hands at MH and yes still under warranty. Hopefully will know more on Monday.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Had this exact problem in first week of ownership, 2 trips and 3-4 weeks later, they ended up putting a new gearbox in it. Your under warranty still i take it so all will be good.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
MH have found the problem, shift lever sensor did not detect neutral position further confused by the key warning. The combination of both caused the T/M malfunction warning. Nothing wrong with T/M just a software glitch. Error codes reset car tested and A OK .....on its way back to me tomorrow. MH have been fantastic.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Got car back its perfect. The customer support from MH has been excellent in all ways to include
Arranging RAC
Arranging a rental car
Inspecting the condition of the car during RAC hand over
Finding the fault, explaining the cause of the fault
Phone calls to me to keep me up to date
Arranging the delivery of my car back to my home

10 out of 10 for MH

1 - 11 of 11 Posts