GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

just quick post to say had great day finally got skyline on track and loved every minute of it, nice to meet all of u again and also some new faces,pity cant remember all ur names, oh and Dirks
0-60 run was superb 3.31 seconds !!! see u all soon

p.s lex pm me ref what we were talking about at services

lee & ian

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Yep

Had a good day today, spent most of it loitering around the sprint testing, first little test since my Torque increase and improved my 0-60 from 3.7 to 3.3, only had one run cos of the queueing and still on my dodgy gearbox. I think I came third overall for the day, a cossie and GT turbo just in front by 100/200ths of second. Would have liked a couple more on full boost, only noticed afterwards I had EVC on low, doh!, in the two's seems within reach now, will have to see!.........

Oh, im all torque, sorry talk.;)

GT-ART POWER and TORQUE RULES OK.:):):)

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Despite being up at 5am, it was a great day. This time though in my own personal opinion a GTR didnt steal the day. That went to a GTST!

My fave memory will be watching Driftaholic through the complex. Awesome! I wanna learn to drift. You had the grandstand cheering and clapping every single lap without fail, and never looked like losing it either.

Have a few pics from today, but nothing great. Starting to realise the same cars show up for everything (me included :p )

http://www.pulsatingstar.dsl.pipex.com/

Lee

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
had a great day, very early start!!!! took both cars, but unfortunately the sunny only made it to the entrance of silverstone before the brake cable chewed itself apart....and not one stand at Trax had brake fluid either......so decided to take the skyline out onto the trake, great fun!!! especially with driftaholic in my rear view mirror!!!! you looked like you were having great fun! oh and next year I wont be putting the skyline in the gravel.............doh!

·
Premium Member
7,806 Posts
Great day out.
Great traffic queues.
Nice to chat to so many people in one day. Sorry to miss Simon Michael, Drifto.
Abbey stand was excellent. Hope glens car is ok:D
Best bit was John Wroe made a comeback:D
Worst bit was one of my wheels came loose on the way home....and I had previously been doing 130 mph (might have been km/h officer ;) ) on the A5:eek: Sounded like a driveshaft had gone!
Must remember to check them more often in future.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
had a great day out....

got some great track time (3 sessions - tho the GTiR that stopped the second one did not look healthy) in and it stayed on the black stuff. The half slick Pirelli P Zero Cs were just awesome and grip central.
Managed to get a 0-60 in, but it was rather wet and on slicks but I still managed a 4.1 which was not bad. Plenty of slithering up the track as well.

Abbey garage was awesome and a truly God like set up they have there. THE DADDIES!! 5 cars over 600BHP on a stand can't be bad!! Cheers for the loan of the storage space!!

Some great track manners out there and far less incidents than last year which was good to see. Even the Subaru & Evo owners were moving over once they realised it was not worth pushing.
Good to meet Dave W, Chris from 200+ finally ( a very quick ROver 200 on track as well!!)

Oh yeah...SO MUCH BLOODY LOVELY SMOOT!!!

NLW

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
I had an absolutely blinding day !!! Before i talk about it, i want to thank the guys at Abbey for inviting me to be on their stand - i was honoured to be invited onto the stand with so many unbeliebably awesome cars. So thanks guys.

My day ! ....

Hit the road just before 4.30am and had a really gentle drive to Silverstone..got there a fraction after 7am - having made a quick stop at the services on the M40.

Cleaned the car up (had my mate J running backwards and forwards filling up a watering can so the car could be rinsied off - only for Glen to arrive and inform us that there was a hose in the garage ! LOL).

Helped setup the stand and then just waited for the crowds ! - and boy were there crowds. For those that don't know, Glens car was running on Abbey's new Dyno - and everytime the car was fired up, the 2 garages were filled in seconds...i was shoved outside by the time that big single was spinning hard ! It's the first time i've ever heard the big single go - and the noise is like nothign else i've ever heard. Somewhere in my picture collection (that will go up on my website during this week), there's a great shot of the external wastegate letting go - and you can see the flame - great shot. The stand in general caused a great deal of interest - which was great to see (had plenty of interest in my GTI-R so was very pleased).

Had a wonder round, spent half my time looking at smoot ! (plenty of it there ! Some good stands out and about - the GTI-R stand had plenty on - which was good to see (from my point of view).

The journey home was the only nightmare. Helped the guys take the "stand" apart and get it all back in the lorry, and just watched the queue to leave getting bigger and bigger. It took us around an hour to get from silverstone to the Services just up the road - what a joke. I ended up getting home just before 10pm...

It was also great to see so many people from the forum - and I got the chance to meet a few guys i hadn't had the chance to before.

All in all, a superb day.
Daz

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Oh yeah forgto to add.

CEMS CAR!!

SCHLUMPH!!!

all our jaws hit the floor when we saw that bonnet and wheel set up. Good work chap and all in the right taste. Another Spot on Abbey car!!

Daz, you are right the Abbey stand was a legend and good to see the mini R there looking mint.

NLW

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Agreed - Cems car looks the absolute dogs danglies ! Well impressed with his car - it was like "how many new bits ?!?". Nice one Cem.

Cheers for the comment on my motor Nick - i was pleased with how it was lookin' :D

Got a couple of good shots of you on track - which i'll try and post to you today....

Oh and white R32 with the big single going round the track - what a lovely noise !! :D

Daz

·
Registered
515 Posts
oh my god!

I need suspension! Look at that picture.....looks like a bloody tractor! I'm embarrased at that ride height ;)

Thanks for the comments BTW. I'll upload an MPEG towards the end of the week! I got better in the wet ;) Only got 240bhp he he

That Cossie I was racing had 540bhp!!!!!!!!

James

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Nice pics

I think the White 32 belongs to Stu R32 BigSly. I had people saying to me that their was an awsome sounding Skyline going round the track :D . Don't tell me Stu you'll be going back to Rod Bells for even more power now :smokin: .

Nice to meet the gang again but I never seem to have long to chat at these shows. Will make amends at the next Grasshopper though :) .

It was an excellent show and had to stay in the Abbey Garage all day as I don't think my heart would have stood it with all them girls around :D .

See Ya.

glen

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Oi James!...

We all know your driving is rubbish and it was actualy my rear light cluster that was giving you your skill and good luck;) :p

Luke

·
Registered
515 Posts
I think that

your mirrors might have helped too....less drag and all :) ha ha. Soon the mighty GTS will destroy allcomers at the track!

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Mirrors...

Did you have them on too??? You cheeky sod, lucky I didn't notice otherwise I would have asked for a go... seen as it's partly mine with those bits on:D :p

Luke

·
Registered
997 Posts
Trax

Guy & I took a leisurely drive upto Silverstone in Guys luxurious BMW.The GTR heavy weights had arrived,first stop the bacon buttie & chip van,you`ve got to get your priorities right!;)

Nothing really was of interest to us, apart from the young ladies with various parts of their anatomy hanging out, so we headed to the Abbey Motorsport Area and met up with all our friends and had an exceptional time (3 hours) chatting and watching the fabulous Dyno-Pac in full swing.Brave man Glen.;)

Abbeys new Dyno and their undoubted commitment to Skyline tunning excellence was on full show.WELL DONE!

We made our escape,drove down the outside of all the traffic cutting in at the front,as you do in German cars:p and both agreed that next year ,GTR`s being well,we will return and show off our Carbon Parts:eek:

Henry the Official Skyline Model,ask Cem!

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
must say the Abbey stand was cool....nice little setup there!! cheers for your offer of help Mark...and Tony for spending time chatting to me on my choice of turbo's...much appreciated!

·
Registered
997 Posts
Just remembered

Can someone at Abbey have a look in Guys enormous T88 Turbo for my Rolex watch,I think it fell in the inlet side as I was playing with it!

Prompt action would be appreciated,

Henry.

1 - 20 of 123 Posts