GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Peeps.
Trax is upon us...horray and hoping for some good weather.

So who is going from the berks and surrounding areas?? I know there is a jap convoy but it is out of the way to get to Silverstone as some of us will be going M40 way. Much easier.

So far we have:

NLW
Mark Haylett
PM Gay
Tiggs?
Gazap?
Steve - A Beut?
Weston?
Brucey?

Need to be there early as I have track time so aiming to be on the road for 7 at the latest. Ouch

see you then, NLW

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
tiggs

talented lady being able to drive two cars

will meet u at south mims as am going aswell 7 ish ???

lee

·
Registered
498 Posts
I was going to put my name down for the convoy then I saw "aiming to be on the road by 7 at the latest" so I doubt I will make it.
Let me know where you plan to meet and I will see what I can do....

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
gtsm

South mimms is out of the way mate and means a major detour.
From where we are we can buzz up the M40 and silverstone is just off there...hence why would we need to go M1?

you need to be there early as well and personally I think the mimms convoy is too late, especially if you need to get on track.

Have left at 8 before and got in at 10.30. the traffic is HORRENDOUS!!

The good colonel...why don't we all meet at Oxford services on the M40?? Or we could go M4/A34 and meet at Reading services between J11 and j12 M4.

NLW

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
my first track time is 10.40....so I need to be there v early!!!

I have someone else driving my sunny........

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Nick et al,

I will be travelling up the M40 at some ridiculous time in the morning - keep your eyes peeled for me mate (I'm leaving early enough that i might be in front a fair bit - but i'll be cruising at sensible petrol conserving speed - so you could catch up).

Daz

·
Registered
498 Posts
Nick......
As I am not 100% sure I will make it sort out a meeting point and a time with the deffos and I will do my best to get there.
I was going to go up the M40 as it is usually quiet.I am not doing track time so I only need to get there b4 8:30 to park on the 200plus stand.
Also I don`t know what pace you lot will be going at but at that time of day I will be half asleep so I will be cruising and not speeding.

Stu

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
early start

looks like i will need an early start then depending on track time
so may not be able to meet everyone

lee

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
All

I would recommend an early start for all regardless of track time as the queues are a mare...If you have not been before trust me.

Better to be in there having a scout around than sat outside overheating.

Dazza...Why don't we meet on the M40 at the oxford services??

Myself, PMJ, Tigg, Rich Bell and Mark Haylett will be going that way.. Hey 5 skylines.

Colonel get yo lazy ass outtta bed!!

NLW

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
5 skylines and li'l old me ;) I'm gonna have to buy one aren't I .................

Nick, i'll be in touch re: meeting up somewhere...

Daz

·
Registered
498 Posts
I like my sleep you see....To help me get up I have booked monday off work so I can catch up on some shut eye then,but it also depends on if my mate is ready aswell...I will talk to him later and see what he says..
Post up times and exactly where you will meet and I will have a go...

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Cool :)

Your's is stripped out isn't it ? Mines gonna be carrying extra weight ! LOL !

Daz

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
yeah.....stripped out and driven by a nutter....not me I hasten to add!!!! plus I have slicks to go on when we get there...aaaiiyyyhhh..

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
I reckon i'm gonna be hitting the M40 at before 6.00am ish (based on the time i'm leaving).....

Daz

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
OK somewhere to meet...

what about the hotel at the end of the A404 when you join the M40 to head to Brum? It is next to the big Dunn & Bradstreet building.

So when you come up the A404, instead of turning second left to M40, carry on and then take the sign post for the hotel and we can all meet in there.

Let's say leave there at 7am latest?

So far:
Me
PMJamas + Missus
Tiggs
Rich Bell
Mark H
Steve?
Bruce?
The good colonel?
GazaP?

See you there as seems to be the best suggestion.

NLW

·
Registered
498 Posts
Is this the oxford services junction of the M40?
You want to leave there at 7am?
I did not think you meant get all that way for 7am.
You will have to tick me off the list as there is no chance I will be there by 7am.My mate nearly chocked on his dinner when I said I would pick him up just before 7am..
I will have to see you all there,how many of those in the convoy are parking with the 200plus club?
I have my pass to park in there so it would be good to get all the skylines together...

Stuart

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
jesus

anyone would think you lot are women...
a. you don't want to get up and,
b. you have no sense of direction.

No it is not the oxford services as that is like 20 mins up the road.
as I said there is a hotel at the end of the A404...instead of coming off the A404 to go M40 north, go over and take the next left, then another left.
Big complex there with Hotel and UCI cinema.
Why don't we meet in the UCI cinema??

NLW

·
Registered
498 Posts
If you had said High wycombe I would have known what you were on about.....Numbers don`t mean anything to me,I go by places...
It is possible I can get there but don`t hang around if I am late.
I won`t be on here after today so just to clarify the meet is at 7AM [email protected] CINEMA HIGH WYCOMBE#

Roger copy over and out.....

1 - 20 of 23 Posts