GTR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my optimisation report it gives the tread depths as 5mm inner, 7mm centre and 5mm outer. Does that sound right?.
I haven't had much experience with these runflats but does the tread depth vary across the width of the tyre?.

Cheers.

·
Registered
352 Posts
On my optimisation report it gives the tread depths as 5mm inner, 7mm centre and 5mm outer. Does that sound right?.
I haven't had much experience with these runflats but does the tread depth vary across the width of the tyre?.

Cheers.
I thought that they only started with 6mm? I going to have to have a look at my report now....

·
Registered
180 Posts
A quick visual check suggested that the inner tread certainly looks deeper than the outer treads.

Does anyone know what depth the tread(s) should be when the tyres are brand new?

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got confirmation from the GT-R tech. The original trad depth is 9mm centre and 7mm inner outer so all fine.

·
Registered
872 Posts
What optimisation was that? Mine was at 1200 with a service at 6000......

At 7500 all tyres are 6mm and that includes a few laps of the 'Ring and a day at Millbrook. Clearly I dont try hard enough ;-)

·
Registered
180 Posts
Mine are 6mm in the centre at 1500 miles which seems pretty average.

Amazed that someone can still be at 7mm at 6000 miles, does this mean the rest of us have really been thrashing it?

·
Registered
21 Posts
It was meant to be a 1200 service but my hpc was booked for weeks. The 2500 miles is almost all A and B roads so I'm sure you can get more miles out of the dunlops. And a better mpg than mine...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts