GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What brand and model Trickle Charger do you recommend/use for your Skyline GTRs?

Would prefer to hear what brand/model people are actually using themselves, so I know it's been tried and tested.

·
Administrator
31,752 Posts
Ctek all day long mate. Will check the model if mine but would never buy anything else in future

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, yes please let me know the model (a product code if possible), as you've tried and tested it.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks, have you used the MXS 3.6? It seems cheaper than the XS3600.

They probably all do the same thing, seems CTEK is the brand to get.

·
R35 Section manager
11,052 Posts
Thanks, have you used the MXS 3.6? It seems cheaper than the XS3600.

They probably all do the same thing, seems CTEK is the brand to get.

I havent no.

Its worth buying a good one though as it will be on 24 7 through the winter

·
Registered
6,794 Posts
Excuse my ignorance, does this "top up" the battery so if you leave your car for a few weeks/months it will start first time?

·
Administrator
31,752 Posts
Comes with a plug with eyelets in it. You can hard wire this to the battery so connecting the charger is just plug and play. Makes life a lot easier, esspecially in the 33

·
Registered
9,654 Posts
Been using CTEK for years, even before Skyline ownership. Have a hardwire connection to mine and stays on all winter as well as times between useage!

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Thanks, yes as previously said, tops up the battery up, saves having to keep starting the car every week, to keep the battery from going flat.

Glad it comes with the Plug, as many leave theirs off the road for a few months. without starting the car.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Sorry to jump in here... But I have a dry cell/motorcycle battery in the boot of my R32 GTR, and was wondering if this style of battery can be trickled charged??

1 - 20 of 95 Posts