GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just looking for some information on trickle chargers what with the bad weather looming. There seems to be so many on the market with varing prices and also i know you can over charge if not careful.

Just wondering which brand is best and what some of you guys use.

Thanks in advance.
Paul

·
Registered
45 Posts
Another vote for this piece of kit. I use the ring terminals that come with the kit and feed the connection out under the bonnet so its easy to hook up, don't even need to lift the bonnet.

·
Premium Member
586 Posts
CTEK MXS-5 all day long. I've tried various Halfords ones, Draper, AA branded, one from Argos etc etc but the only one I trust is the CTEK. It reconditions the battery and though its slower than some chargers (can take 16+ hours to go through all the modes) leaves the battery in brilliant shape afterwards.

·
Registered
312 Posts
CTEK MXS-5 all day long. I've tried various Halfords ones, Draper, AA branded, one from Argos etc etc but the only one I trust is the CTEK. It reconditions the battery and though its slower than some chargers (can take 16+ hours to go through all the modes) leaves the battery in brilliant shape afterwards.
Agreed.

I've used one on GTR's for 5 years. Just bought another this week for my BMW - cheap on Amazon atm.

·
Premium Member
2,519 Posts
Wow that is cheap, I'm sure I paid well over £100 for the 5 a few years ago

·
R35 Section manager
11,051 Posts
Using the same Ctek for the last 12+ years.
Well worth paying a bit extra for one

·
Vendor
2,765 Posts
Tried loads of them when I used to be into bikes and I would recommend ctek. Cheap as chips and do the business, no need to try unproven products.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I also have a MXS-5 from CTEK but at stage 7 the float stage it leaves like 13.xV for 10 days on my battery.

While my older damage now CTEK charger just charged it to 100% and then it was on tickle mode already.

Wonder why they changed it to 10 days on stage 7 now though.

·
Registered
502 Posts
CTEK or NOCO Genius.

I have a CTEK for charging flatter batteries and a NOCO Genius 2X4 for maintaining my batteries while I am away at work, I can connect 4 batteries to that and leave it connected until I need the batteries again.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts